Element Eighty review by Element Eighty

• Released: Oct 28, 2003
Element Eighty: Element Eighty

Element Eighty has a sound like no other. The vocalist is great enough to carry the album but the instruments are just as fn powerful! The lead singer blends melodic singing with a very unique type of screaming (it's a low but not death metal low type of scream that sometimes goes on some pretty sweet cursing rants). The balance between these 2 is perfect to create a sound that you will never get tired of. The guitarwork on this album is filled w/ blasting barchords in a fd up tuning and he works in great octaves strip away from the low sound. Having only 1 guitar in a band is tricky and he nails it created a rythem that makes you want to head bang constantly (xcept in Scars (The Echo Song)), great song tho He even pulls off some pretty sweet solos in songs like bloodshot, dummy block, pancake land, and flatline as the bass carries the previous rythems. Overall I love the unique metal sound on this album and it gets a perfect 10.

The lyrics on this album are great, the singer commonly talks about past love relationships that are now broken, however it isnt all mushy! but rather very metal as he makes ur blood pump with his advanced screaming skills. He also is an amazing singer that will relieve ur eardrums at the perfect time when you need a melodic break. The lyrics are also wicked sweet because of his angry cursing breakdowns, which is something I personally haven't seen before. The cursing also shows that he allows himself to connect to more people unlike bands that might be afraid of swearing cause of hte kids, because sometimes you just feel like you need to f--k someone up. Don't be intimidated by the first vocals you hear in the opening track Goodbye (love it), he then immediately shows you his more melodic side 5 seconds after and that pretty much somes up the way the vocals are set up throughout the album.

This album is fn sweet and is one of my favorite albums because of how unique it is! It is a sound that I have not found anywhere else in the world and I urge you to buy this album and support them! They are a great band that I want to see succeed and make it big (so I can buy a tee) The song that got me hooked to them was Texas Cries and the most impressive songs on this album are Goodbye, Bloodshot, Broken Promises, Parachute, Dummy Block, Scars (The Echo Song), and Rabies. I love the unique sound the only thing I could comment negatively on is the end of the album. After Rabies I feel that the songs are not up to par with the earlier songs on the album. If this were stolen I would yes buy it again (twice) and go see them in 50 different states.

mtrev009
    I hate the term nu-metal. It is more new but its the evolution of rock and metal.