And The Land Of Fake Believe review by eleventyseven

• Released: May 16, 2006
  • Reviewer's score: 7 Good
eleventyseven: And The Land Of Fake Believe

Eleventyseven employ the essential up-beat pop-punk sound all throughout this album. Some tracks have catchy guitar riffs such as "A Stellar Sayonara" and their hit single, "MySpace." Even though this album is a debut, the production of it is quite fantastic (props to Travis Wyrick, who has produced albums for the likes of Disciple, POD and Pillar). It still holds somewhat of a raw but clean and well mixed sound. They apply some synthesizer to a few of their songs (A Stellar Sayonara, Teenage Heartbreak), and while I can respect the use of synthesizers to give some songs a little different sound, personally I feel like some overlaying guitar-work would have been the route to go. I still very much enjoy the songs nonetheless. Musically, my top 3 recommended songs on this album would be "MySpace," "Anti-Adieu" and "A Stellar Sayonara."

If you're into pop-punk at all, you'll find some catchy-fun listening to this album. When listening to the melodies the vocalist sings I'm reminded of Blink-182 a little, such as in the starting track "More Than a Revolution." Matt Langston did a great job of writing catchy melodies, after a run or two through the album you'll be singing along to most of the songs. Content-wise, Matt writes an album featuring hope, love, the pursuit to make wrongs right and heartbreak. These are typical pop-punk subjects and Matt does a good job of writing content around these themes.

As Eleventyseven's first release, "And the Land of Fake Believe" was a great starting point. This review is written nearly 10 years after it's been released and as of now the group has disbanded leaving behind 4 albums and 4 EPs. This is by far my favorite album they released. They moved towards a more electro-punk style in their later albums, but still had hints of their pop-punk roots. I enjoyed this album on Spotify, but found it on Amazon Prime for $4.99 and felt that was definitely a steal. Overall, I'd recommend this album to someone who wants to get into pop-punk, especially the Christian section of it, but I wouldn't consider it to be a staple of any kind.