Elliot Minor review by Elliot Minor

• Released: Apr 14, 2008
Elliot Minor: Elliot Minor

Elliot Minors sound may be described as some as being mediocre, or even rubbbish, but I, as a fan of the band, believe it to be quite good. They incorporate the bands classical training into a blend of catchy riffs and gorgeous harmonies. Some of the tracks on the album are quiet(one track being named very appropriatley 'Silently') and others are darker(the albums standout track, 'Parallel Worlds' being one due to the story behind it) and others are impossibly catchy, bounce about songs('Running Away'). The album is overall, an impressive debut by a band that will hopefully be on the scene for years to come.

The lyrics in the album span a few topics. For example, the song 'Parallel Worlds is about a supernatural and ghostly expeirience, and the slightly darker tone of the song compared to every other song shows the creepiness, whereas the song 'Still Figuring Out' shows a totally different theme, being about trying to stay together as a group after leaving school. The lyrics in the album are well written, but can be cheesy sometimes. The singer skills, well what can I say. Alex Davies and Ed Minton's voices go extremely well together, and the harmonies on this album are simply amazing. This may be due to the fact that both singers were choirboys in their youth, but I dounbt anyone cares about that.

This album may not compare to other artists in some peoples eyes, but Elliot Minor have the potential to bring out an album that can compare, and even bypass some of todays music. In my opinion, the most impressive songs on the album would have to be the anthemic 'Running Away', which can get a crowd jumping in seconds, and the heartfelt(and slightly cheesy)'Last Call To New York City'. The thing I love about this album is the fact that it is different from most of the mainstream rubbish that is being produced nowadays. It contains a lot of talent and hard work and is just quite epic really. The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that it ends. If this album were ever stolen from me or lost, I would most definatley go and buy it again, as it has slowley but surely become my favorite album.

Just_Me92
    Manufactured? That REALLY made me laugh! If only these people had ever seen a live show... (guitar solos/violin solos?). They are far from manufactured, and in my opinion have a unique sound. Different from the other stuff I listen to anyway. Although, I do have to say I prefer some of the demos to the album tracks. I thought some of them had maybe been messed around with too much e.g Still Figuring Out/Silently/Last Call to NYC. But they do still play fantasmic live shows. Epic.