Relativity review by Emarosa

• Released: Jul 8, 2008
Emarosa: Relativity

If you're a post hardcore fan, then Emarosa's "Relativity" is a must have. Emarosa's old singer was replaced with Dance Gavin Dance's frontman and their sound is much more alive and intense. Emarosa uses a lot of experimental guitar that allows their music to become breath-taking. Songs such as the opener of the album "The Past Should Stay Dead", has electrifying vocals and almost has a rush coming from it. The only drawback is many of the songs in their own way sound a lot alike (again in their own way). Diehard fans of Dance Gavin Dance may not like or agree with the lead singer's new sound, but for many post hardcore fans, this album is a must have.

The lyrics are very well thought of and well planned on where to place them. For example, a portion in the song that needs lyrics will have them there, and others that don't, won't have them. They have striking lyrics as well that know how to touch people such as in their song "Set It Off Like Napalm". The lyrics aren't to metaphorical either which is a plus in some ways, but they seem to be missing a little of something that could make you want to listen to it again. Altogether, Emarosa didn't really do a bad job at all coming up with lyrics or where to place them either.

Altogether, Emarosa's new sound is amazing. Their guitar again is electrifying and in many ways "new". Fans of screamo may not like them compared on how they used to sound, but post hardcore fans can't really complain. The CD is worth buying if you really like this kind of music. I remember I had to figure out which band this was the first time I heard them in Hot Topic. Their album is definately worth buying or at least worth giving a chance.

stradivari310
    This was a decent review, up until the hot topic reference.. Great album, although this seems a little like Dance Gavin Dance 2.0. The album artwork is one of my favorites.
    ryot44
    who cares about hot topic? how does that even apply to emarosa? lol
    xtrade neb
    They are from my town. Thats sick. I used to go to shows when they were still called "corsets are cages". Back when chris roberts did vocals, before the revival sound. I never thought they would have the dance gavin dance guy doing leads. this album is sick. go buy it.
    ocelotdrive
    This album is amazing. someone should put up their tabs, i cant figure out if theyre playing in drop c or d.
    wwgjd
    This album is so good... I never thought I'd like anyone more than DGD, but this proves otherwise. I was actually there for the historic show in Jersey at Saints and Sinners where Johnny didn't show up... may have been the best thing to happen to him...