This Is Your Way Out review by Emarosa

• Released: May 8, 2007
Emarosa: This Is Your Way Out

A brutal composition of beauty. This band is, to my knowledge, completely unique with its sound. When I first heard it I was literrally overwhelmed with a clash of gut-wrench hardcore music and undefinable sweet melody. Very guitar oriented licks, great use of audio effects. The first track is the best intro track I have ever heard for an album. Last track is the most epic track I ever heard on an album. Now don't get me wrong, they're not at all Dragonforce-solo-esque epic; they just manage to suck out your emotions in a seemingly perfect harmony in each of their songs. I give this five-stars hands down. They did a truly amazing job.

This albums lyrics, as far as I know, is insipired by the book of Revelations in the bible. They're an astonishing christian band, and they are the only band I listen to that make me scream along with partial agony and a longing for more; the ending lyrics from 'Epoch Coda' for example: 'My god; you lost a world you tried to make us love; we haven't seen the world, since you took our bodies, and led them, led them, to the skies; as it carries us away. I can feel his hands as they pull me in; by your grace god, let me fly, let me fly! God let me fly.' Once you put those words with the music they become a heartbreaking ballad of guitar delay and passionate singing. Five stars in this section as well. I rarely give full stars here.

Truly amazing, I can't find a single thing to complain about on this album, except for the fact that it ends after the last track. Most impressive songs are 'Casablanca', 'Epoch Coda', 'Utah'. F--k, all of them are amazing. I love everything on this album. I've had this album for about 4 months now.

JB guitarist
    I really like this album alot. But I think that their newer stuff on Relativity is probably better. The music seems more complex and sounds like they took their time more. And plus their new singer Johnny is amazing . But this is still a pretty good ep.
    Phil_Bass_Boy
    I agree, but the new album sounds exactly like Dance Gavin Dance, which i thought was disappointing.
    billybusa
    yeah I was very disappointed with their new album, Jonny doesn't fit in with the band at all
    §ynysterSte
    Totally agree, this is the best ep ive ever heard emarosa better without johnny, DGD better with johnny