This Is Your Way Out [EP] Review

Emarosa: This Is Your Way Out [EP]
Release Date: May 8, 2007
Label: Standby Records
Genres: Rock
This EP is their debut release to get people ready for their full length due out in early '08. For fans of Saosin, Chiodos, and Underoath.
 9.5
review (1) 4 comments vote for this album:
This Is Your Way Out [EP] Reviewed by: Phil_Bass_Boy, on june 10, 2008

Sound: A brutal composition of beauty. This band is, to my knowledge, completely unique with its sound. When I first heard it I was literrally overwhelmed with a clash of gut-wrench hardcore music and undefinable sweet melody. Very guitar oriented licks, great use of audio effects. The first track is the best intro track I have ever heard for an album. Last track is the most epic track I ever heard on an album. Now don't get me wrong, they're not at all Dragonforce-solo-esque epic; they just manage to suck out your emotions in a seemingly perfect harmony in each of their songs. I give this five-stars hands down. They did a truly amazing job. // 10

Lyrics: This albums lyrics, as far as I know, is insipired by the book of Revelations in the bible. They're an astonishing christian band, and they are the only band I listen to that make me scream along with partial agony and a longing for more; the ending lyrics from 'Epoch Coda' for example: 'My god; you lost a world you tried to make us love; we haven't seen the world, since you took our bodies, and led them, led them, to the skies; as it carries us away. I can feel his hands as they pull me in; by your grace god, let me fly, let me fly! God let me fly.' Once you put those words with the music they become a heartbreaking ballad of guitar delay and passionate singing. Five stars in this section as well. I rarely give full stars here. // 10

Overall Impression: Truly amazing, I can't find a single thing to complain about on this album, except for the fact that it ends after the last track. Most impressive songs are 'Casablanca', 'Epoch Coda', 'Utah'. F--k, all of them are amazing. I love everything on this album. I've had this album for about 4 months now. // 10

Comments