The Question review by Emery

• Released: Aug 2, 2005
Emery: The Question

There's no doubt Emery has an exceptional talent in all aspects that make up this six-piece band - vocals, guitar, bass, keyboard, and drums. While the incredible hardcore-styled rhapsodies play on, vocalists/guitarists Toby Morell and Devin Shelton squeeze every ounce of passion in their songs by either perfectly complementing each other's vocal abilities to create amazing harmony and melody or screaming their lungs out to inject a dose of emotion.

The lyrics are very much in the style of Emery. Meaning and emotion is packed in every available line, resulting in those smart phrases ("We're just the boys and girls that think they always know/with answers for the world/the ambiguity shows" - So Cold I Could See My Breath) reminiscent of the bands first album ("Certain death/lingers on the other hand/but I will fight you and victory will be mine in the end" - Under Serious Attack). As previously stated, vocalists Morell and Shelton hit the listener with an extra dose of emotion in their singing techniques, forsaking the all too familiar "whiney boy" style common among most emo bands today.

If The Weak's End didn't show that Emery is not like any other emo/screamo band, then The Question definitely does. Every song on this album is unique and each deserves a listen. There's definitely nothing to hate about this album. Even if you don't like emo/screamo, listen to any of the songs on The Question and just try to say that they're terrible.