The Question review by Emery

• Released: Aug 2, 2005
Emery: The Question

I've been a fan of Emery since the beginning, and I'll tell you off the bat that this music is unlike anything you've ever heard. They take a bit of the hardcore edge off of their sound, and the results are astounding. It is emo by its very definition, which is arty punk. The vox provided by Toby and Devin are passionate sans the prevalent screaming of the last album.

Emery has ventured into a lyrical universe that few CCM bands have dared to go. They actually go out and slam Christians (teens in particular) for the image they've created for themselves (check out "Listening To Freddy Mercury"). They also tackle issues of sex and other stuff like that. This is not your parents' or older siblings' Chrisitan rock!

Easily the best album I've heard all year, by heads and shoulders. If Emery's previous cd was too loud for you, you're bound to like this one. It's more passionate, the lyrics less cryptic, the musical arrangements more dreamy. Overall an awesome-beyond-awesome CD. In my Top 5 all-time favorites.

deaf_echo
    I've only just recently purchased this album, and without hearing this band prior to the purchase, I wasn't sure what to expect. But I was pleasantly surprised at how good it is. There really isn't anything that I don't like about this album. One of the best albums I've bought this year.
    joelfiscus
    Emery has a way of blending every instrument into each song so that they blend together perfectly. If you listen to the acoustic version of the ponytail parade it is obvious that the guitars are amazingly talented but yet hold back in an extent so that to compliment the melody instead of making themselves stand out. truely amazing band. I bought this as soon as it came out and haven't stopped listening to it since
    jirkle
    Emery is an extremely good band. Many people dont like it just because it has some screaming but Emery makes it sound good.
    austing
    the screaming isnt over the top. the lyrics are great and the music goes perfectly
    pyritmann
    haha i like how no ones heard of these guys, well i looooove emery with a passion and i think they are going to really break out soon!!
    firefrost
    I like listening to Emery because unlike most screamo songs this doesn't hurt my ears Emery is one of the best bands I've ever listened to and I hope there will be more songs to come!
    mario61
    it's a good combination of scream and melody, awesome band, great album
    thesecondman
    I forgot to mention some stuff. The way each song has so many parts and they flow together perfectly but creates distinctly different melodies... simply brilliant. I've never heard a band that can do it like these guys can.