The Weak's End Review

Emery: The Weak's End
Released: Jan 27, 2004
Genre: Rock
Styles: Alternative CCM
Emery defines an extreme separation between their screaming and singing sides on "The Weak's End", their debut for Tooth & Nail.
 Lyrics: 9.3
 9.8
 9.8
 9.7
The Weak's End Reviewed by: SixStringForEmo, on july 26, 2004

Sound: Emery is a Emo/Screamo group. Their first widespread cd, The Weaks End, is some the best musical composition I have ever heard. Their combinations of sharp guitar, hard base riffs, keyboard and sometimes plain piano are brilliant. // 10

Lyrics: Composed of chistian members, their powerful lyrics often double on emotional and spiritual levels. The lyrics and music blend perfectly with the two lead singers and screamer, who have incredible voices for rock. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, this Cd Has brilliant guitar, Brilliant lyrics, and brilliant vocals. I'm a nu punk fan and I still love every thing about it. It's Emo at its purest. // 10

The Weak's End Reviewed by: pmeg568c, on september 28, 2004

Sound: The sound emery creates on their debut album is simply amazing. Blending quiet synth keboards with grinding guitar and smooth clean riffs. There is really something for everyone on this cd. It would appeal to emo lovers, pop punk kids and even hardcore and metal freaks (I use that term in the kind way). // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics of the christian band emery can be interperated in many ways. Many spiritual songs can also double as emotional songs, such as in track 8 and 6. The perfect combination of singing and screaming really sets them aparty. // 8

Overall Impression: If you like emery, you'll like underoath, and other emo-core bands. All the songs on this album are amazing. If it were stolen id buy it again. // 10

The Weak's End Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 09, 2004

Sound: The music is astounding. Hard guitars mixed with synth keyboards behind a mixture of emotional sreaming and singing. The pretty much invent a new genre of music. There are very few emo/screamo bands that can compare to their sound. They are similar to Underoath's latest disk "They Are Only Chasing Safety." // 10

Lyrics: I can only say amazing. I am not a big fan of screamo music, but Emery presents it so well. They combine the screaming with well sang harmonies and emotional lyrics. Even the screaming has huge emotional tones to it. They show some of the pain they have gone through in they words. I have actually been brought to tears by their words. It feels like they are speaking to you are they are you speaking. // 10

Overall Impression: This CD is completly amazing. Go buy the disk now. Support the band they deserve it. You will not regret buying this disk. // 10

Comments