Emigrate review by Emigrate

• Released: Aug 31, 2007
Emigrate: Emigrate

Emigrate was founded by Richard Kruspe, Rammstein's Lead Guitarist, on guitar and vocals. It features 11 songs wrapped around the city-theme. It is about emigrating to the city, and the feelings it bring. The first three songs, "Emigrate", "Wake Up" and "My World" all features heavy, fast riffs and goes about living in this world, how he sees his world and about joining him. The rest of the album is mostly about the feelings he gets while in the city - love, sorrow, magnificence etc. The sound to the album keeps in tune to each other.

The lyrics are fairly well-written, with the riffing-metal-song-lyrics being a little more superficial, put up against the deep and emotional tones and words of the balld-like songs such as "New York City" and "Temptation". The lyrics go well with the music and, as said, the sound really keeps in tune. Coming out of the Rammstein-sound, it is clear that Kruspe finds his strength in deeper vocals, but he is otherwise a skilled singer.

It is both similar, and very far from the sound of Rammstein. The album features a much more 'american tone' but still keeps the heavy riffs of Rammstein. I must say the best songs on the album is "New York City", "Resolution" and "Temptation", but the album sounds the best in it's entirety. I think the vocals on the first three tracks are a little too metallic for my taste, but it's still a great album. Since I'm a huge Rammstein/Kruspe fan, I must say this is an invaluable album.

Mahabajaba
    The thing to remember about Emigrate is that it was tailored for the American market, it wasn't Kruspe trying to spread his wings. Personally i think it achieved exactly what it aimed to do, and i thoroughly enjoy it when i'm wanting to listen to some english speaking, lighter riffing Rammstein.
    Kruspe can, frankly, barely play guitar
    That's straight up stupid.
    krvolok
    It is both similar, and very far from the sound of Rammstein.
    Rammstein,Rammstein...
    EpiExplorer
    I didn't know this until a few weeks ago, but the lead singer of Rammstein is older than James Hetfield.
    Wolffgang
    Rammstein got me through highschool, but I can't bring myself to like this awful POS of a record; Kruspe can, frankly, barely play guitar, and his singing's even worse, although I guess you could say that it then matches the quality of his lyrics... As far as side projects go, I only hate Scars On Broadway more than this, and I wanted to like it so much...