The Eminem Show review by Eminem

• Released: May 26, 2002
  • Reviewer's score: 4.7 Poor
Eminem: The Eminem Show

The sound of The Eminem Show is alright, I guess. I think the country styled chorus of Sing For The Moment is good, you don't see on any other hip-hop albums. With Out Me however is just boring, repetitive and made purely to sell to children who watch MTV too much. With The Marshall Mathers LP, Eminem was crowned a lyrical genius, proving that he and Dr. Dre can create a powerfully moving album, that provoked so many feelings. Disgust & laughter at the satiracle and politically incorrect humor.

I am primarily a fan of rock music. From Korn & Slipknot to the Goo Goo Dolls and the Counting Crows. I am also however a fan of some hip-hop music. 2pac, the Outlawz and even some D12. You'll find that these rappers have a variety of different styles. From gangsta rap songs where they will disrespect others with a wit that most people who are into rock music don't appreciate. And songs about issues, such as drugs, teen pregnancy and racism. I did not find any of these respectable aspects of 'real' hip-hop music anywhere on this CD. Eminem has become an anoying pop idol. He is a lame comedy rapper, his lyrics are no longer clever and on his songs he just basically says jokes about people that everybody has already said or heard. Here is an extract of Eminem, as the lyrical genius on the song Who Knew, off the Marshall Mathers LP, when he still showed talent.

This album didn't even deserve an average rating of 3. I have never been an Eminem fan really and I was disapointed. So for eminem fans it must have been horrible. The most impressive song on the CD would have to be Cleaning Out My Closet. I did not have this CD, but listened to a friend's copy. It is a boring album and will hopefully never be known contributing anything to hip-hop music history let alone music in general.

eminem_forever
    eminem is an excellent rapper. and there are eminem tabs on UG, so why shouldn't there be reviews? and anyway, why are you reading the reviews if you hate him so much?
    AltCrunchPuffs
    Eminem is a genius. You rock-elitist dopes just aren't educated in other forms of music. That's sad. (sigh)
    Jonnybin123
    It's a little bit sad how a guy can't post a review of a rap CD without getting shit for it. Why not post a rap review? Because this is a "lol only rock1!" site? No, I respect the guy for admitting he likes rap. I'll admit it to, it's not as terrible as the cool kids tell you it is. Some of it is really emotional and cool even. I mean, come on, he sampled Dream On in Sing for the Moment! That's pretty damn sweet.
    Soul_Bassist
    If you don't like Eminem/rap, then don't even write a review of how much it sucks, people who don't like Eminem won't even bother reading it.
    ChiliMyAss
    death2pop wrote: What the Fuck is an Eminem album doing on UG?! Blasphemy!!!!
    Comments like this embarass me..
    Adyson88
    Here is a line from Renegade by jay-Z and Eminem that sums up everyone who hates this album and rap in general "Mother ****ers say I'm foolish, I only talk about jewels. Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?" Maybe if you listened to what is being said it might mean something. I love rock music, but rap has it's worth in the world too. As does country even though im not a big fan. Get over yourselves and open your ears a little.
    Sewn Up
    Granted I don't really like rap that much, but the period from The Slim Shady LP to The Eminem Show brought out one of the best rock/metal attitudes that we had seen outside of rock and metal. The whole idea of a rapper that was unrelenting, honest, and had a genuine "f ck you" attitude about his music is what attracted me to him. He was a lot less contrived in what he was saying than 90% of the rap that was coming out at the time. He was a genius in the genre and should be respected as such.
    pto654
    I like listening to Eminem for the fact that his music is more personable, and he talks about issues in his life rather than "gettin b*tches and makin money" that has been old for years now. This album is old as well, but look at songs like "Like Toy Soldiers", its all about the fights and murders that happen between rappers this stuff still goes on today.
    The_Raven
    Eughr, so many closed minds in the comments box...even in the reviews. If you don't like rap, don't listen to it or look at reviews for rap albums. I almost feel sorry for those who feel they can only listen to a few set genres, and never explore or expand their musical horizons even a little.
    sophos24
    god these reviews are terrible. and biased. let people who actually have an open mind and aren't pigeon holed to one genre of music write reviews. SSLP, MMLP, and TES are three of the greatest rap albums of all time.
    TLO421
    if you dont like eminem at all then u dont like rap... if u dont like rap and only go for rock then u are a closed minded music fan idc what anyone says but you should respect all kinds of music... is toby keith better than pink floyd? not even close in my opinion no contest i dont like country in general, but toby keith and country i respect the hell out of
    boyan89
    I could argue and i say I listen to the most intense brutal shit such as Deeds of Flesh or Convulse. I still have a lot of respect for Eminem and what he does and you elitists who think rap sucks be a bit more open minded to your choices.
    hew-jass
    pontiac_45 wrote: i think killforjune meant to write "talentless shit like this. god!". i used to like eminem's rap (somewhat), but this album sucks dick. not as bad as Encore, that album is shiiiiit and puuuuuke.
    THEN WHY READ A REVIEW ABOUT IT ? twat
    rebreh
    dude a real person who likes music has to accept all of its styles
    walkinbazooka
    This album really doesn't compare to The Marshall Mathers LP or even The Slim Shady LP but it's still great.
    shaveapoodle
    Eminem is the only rap artist i like. Bringing a rap album to review at UG i.e home of hard riffs and a fair few closed minded people, is a horrible idea and wont do any justice. full stop
    Mainer
    I'd love to see UG break the barriers it seems to have on itself as being almost a "rock music only" kinda site. I'll admit I love Eminem, but I'm also a huge fan of Megadeth, Pantera, Alter Bridge, and Clutch. Y'all need to pull your big girl panties up and broaden your musical horizons a bit.
    pontiac_45
    guitarfreak222
    Death Bat wrote: lol eminem on UG.. lmao. that's just.. great.
    LMAO i totally agree well said
    nostiQ
    Don't piss them off or they might put a 50 Cent review in next. Just pretend this don't exist.
    turnfoot
    death2pop wrote: What the Fuck is an Eminem album doing on UG?! Blasphemy!!!!
    amen brother, amen...
    RaZiAx
    Again.. The Eminem Show was The Years 2002~2003!!!! Old Now... Thread Must Be FORGOTTEN...
    eternaldarkness
    this review is terrible i love underground metal bands like august burns red and whitechapel and everything like that but this is one of the best albums of the 2000's