Kiss Or Kill Review

Endeverafter: Kiss Or Kill
Release Date: Oct 30, 2007
Label: Razor & Tie
Genres: Adult Alternative Pop/Rock
Kiss or Kill remains an uneven effort after that, with sincere attempts at pop-metal interspersed (and sometimes combined) with bleaker emo angst.
 8.9
 9.3
 8.4
review (1) 7 comments vote for this album:
Kiss Or Kill Reviewed by: malfee, on february 07, 2008

Sound: Endeverafter is a blast from the past, with a modern twist. Never have I heard such a multitude of genres in one album. Having been inspired by "arena rock" of the '70s and '80s, Endeverafter encompasses sounds ranging from classic rock, to modern metal bands, modern punk bands, and even modern alternative rock bands, featuring anthem choruses, powerful, emotional ballads that speak to the soul, catchy, upbeat songs, and incredible shred-solos that are quite impressive. // 9

Lyrics: Michael Grant, singer, songwriter, and lead guitarist for Endeverafter seems to have a lot to say. The album title, Kiss or Kill, is entirely appropriate, as Grant rants about powerful romantic desires to quick, rhythmic guitar riffs. Grant appears to be regressing back to the old "rock 'n roll" lifestyle through his lyrics, however, he still manages to pour his heart out in such ballads as "Next Best Thing." Grant has a relatively distinctive voice which is very fitting to the sound and style of his band. // 9

Overall Impression: I find Endeverafter to be a rather unique band. While they are influenced by several other sounds, I've not heard a band blend them all quite as skillfully as Endeverafter has. Fast tempo songs such as "I Wanna Be Your Man" and "Poison" are a blast to listen to. The former features an interesting blend of punkish rhythm riffs followed by a very impressive metal/rock solo. The latter has a more metal sound, especially the pre-solo and solo. Michael Grant never attempts to pull off any metal growls, much to my liking in fact. It only further separates them from being associated with strictly metal. // 10

Comments