Diamonds Review

Released: May 25, 2010
Genre: Heavy metal, speed metal
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Diamonds Reviewed by: guitfiddleRR, on october 05, 2010

Sound: Wow, this band kicks some serious ass! I'm sorry, but I had to say that. The NWOBHM influenced speed metal band from Sweden is back with their second installment. These guys seriously know how to pump out some head-bang driving tunes. The performance on this album is very good. The whole band are in tune and in time with each other throughout the entire album. The mixing and recording is also done very well. This is definitely a perfect example of a modern old school metal band. The peak performance of this album, for me, is the harmonized guitar solos. They sound like Iron Maiden leads on a whole different dimension. It is definitely worth a guitarists listen. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are very similar to the styles used in the last album. However, there is just a bit more creativity to the musical compliance with this record. It still retains mainly the classical elements of the NWOBHM, but there is an improvement over the writing of the previous album. The singer still has his deep Swedish accent, but that does not make the vocals bad, it just reminds you that this is indeed, European metal. I must say lead singer Olof Wikstrand is the perfect front man for this band. He simply fits the style perfectly. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall impression, this is a very good follow up to their debut album. With the perfect improvement in performance, and the slight additional creativity used in the writing, this album is a perfect installment for any vintage metal head. I sure hope I get a chance to see them perform the material on this album. On the previous tour, they simply played every single song from their album. I hope they do the same with this one, because every song on here is simply awesome. They still have room for improvement, but this is their second album. Metalheads, we have an awesome musical career coming up from these guys! // 9

Comments