Take to the Skies review by Enter Shikari

• Released: Mar 19, 2007
Enter Shikari: Take to the Skies

Take To The Skies is by far one of my favourite albums of this year. This album is a mix of trance, rock, and post-hardcore music, which I for one never thought that it could be done. Throughout the album you get newer and better songs, each one having something you just love about it. 01. Stand Your Ground; This Is Ancient Land - this is a warm up to start off the album into the next song, a very good build up. 02. Enter Shikari - a great song which is incredible for the start of a gig. A lot of trance, fast drumming and screaming in this song. 03. Mothership - one of the best songs off the album, a song you can headbang to easily, and very heavy too. Starts off with some synth then just hits right into it. 04. Anything Can Happen In The Next Half Hour - another one of the best songs off the album, however I must admit that the demo of this song was a lot better as in this version the synth is overused and in the demo it's A LOT heavier. 05. Labyrinth - a pretty good song off the album, not too heavy but not too light. I felt that this song's sound wasn't right, the bass was far louder than the guitars and the screaming was a bit too loud. 06. No Sssweat - what can I say, this song caught me completely off guard when I first listened to it. Incredible drumming, amazing synth, just everything. The chorus to the song ended up making me listen to this song over and over and over again. 07. Today Won't Go Down In History - a terrible song, hated it completely. Takes too long to get into it, boring and dull. A big let down. 08. Return To Energizer - a great song off the album once again, very fast paced and full of life. The chorus was once again the thing that I loved, very catchy. 09. Sorry, You're Not A Winner - the best song on the album, without a doubt. The interlude before it to bring it into the song also made the song even better. 10. Johnny Sniper - a bit different of Enter Shikari doing something like this, when I first heard the start of it I thought it was a cheesy cartoon theme song. It's still a pretty good song though. 11. Adieu - an acoustic song off the album, and it's one of my favourites. A great one to sing along to and it actually picks up nearer the end. 12. Ok, Time For Plan B - I never used to like this song but when I seen them live I love it now. A song that'll take you a while to probably like. The gang vocals in it are incredible. I think that if Enter Shikari are going to do another album, they can't make it sound just like this album or they'll just burn out.

I loved the lyrics in Take To The Skies. They went with the music perfectly and sounded brilliant. Each song is to do with something new which is always good, as you'll get other bands who will do an album all based on one thing (examples Bullet For My Valentine, all about heartbreak. Funeral For A Friend, their newest album is about the lead singer's fear of the ocean). However one thing that I couldn't help but laugh at was that Johnny Sniper was about Enter Shikari's old Sex Ed teacher. Hopefully you'll work it out.

This is definetely an album that people should go out and buy, it's well worth the money. The best songs off the album are Sorry You're Not A Winner, Anything Can Happen In The Next Half Hour and Mothership. I love how it's something I'd never listened to before, but the only thing I hate about it is that they'll probably make another album just the same as this one. It's an album I wouldn't buy again since I have it on iTunes; ) but if not then I would buy it again, yeah.

Pingis_Or_Death
    I absolutely agree. My opinion, of course.
    jonnyharris1
    I just cant get into them, to me its just a new spin on the whole nu metal thing, i respect them for doing something new, but i find it utter rubbish.
    Frusciante30
    Pingis_Or_Death wrote: oh... THAT guy wrote: enter shitari are possibly the worst band i have ever heard I absolutely agree. My opinion, of course.
    I agree.
    mrlee192
    terrible band. wtf ar bands like this even doing around in the music scene.
    pigmaggots
    It's okay, they'll fade into obscurity...they are just the new big thing for the coolkids right now.
    rossistb
    Ah thank god not everyone is sucking the preverbial ES willy. This album is possibly one of the most boring albums I have ever heard. Virtually all of it sounds like the same song and pretty much every song follows the exact same pattern. LAME!!!!
    Side Effect
    It's great the first couple of spins but quickly gets boring. Sorry, You're Not a Winner and Mothership are the only standout songs.
    Withpassion
    Enter Shikari is one of my favorite bands. I saw them in San Francisco on their first ever American Tour. To be honest there was only 50-60 there and it was sick. One of the best shows i have ever been to. December 4th cant wait round 2 baby
    Withpassion
    I will agree it is scene music and a lot of the "cool kids" love it. But i think its really catchy and something new, if you think its boring thats cool, it all just comes down to preference.
    jerbal
    ?~Mart~? : BEST ALBUM EVER
    a little ambitious i fear ? i dont dig them .
    Noisette
    Love the album, but can't help thinking that they should've put some newer songs on it? Most fans will have heard all the songs already..