Irtiqa review by Entity Paradigm

Entity Paradigm: Irtiqa

Entity Paradigm, the seven member band is actually the fusion of two bands Entity and Paradigm. They came together, and since then have produced this magnificent album Irtiqa. With two drummers playing together, you can be sure that there are some pretty heavy tracks. This hit singles, Waqt and Hamesha set the tone for the album. With sounds and styles similar to that of Linkin Park and such alternative metal bands, Entity Paradigm (popularly known as EP) is the first true rock band to make it big in Pakistan.

This album has some unforgettable lyrics in Hamesha, Waqt, Hum Ko Aazma and most of the album actually. The rap is decent in Waqt and Hum Ko Aazma but gets kind of annoying after sometime in the other tracks. Xulfi has written most of the lyrics and has done a good job overall. Fawad Afzal Khan, the lead singer has done a fantastic job while, Ahmed (the rapper) has done a decent job. I liked Hamesha the most. It is a love song with a slightly dark touch and sound to it.

Great album I have to say, one of the best I've heard from Pakistan. The best songs have to be Hamesha and Waqt. I love the drums in Hamesha, and obviously the solo. A great debut album, EP has done a sensational job and I am looking forward to their new album. Well, as far as other artists are concerned from India, the bands Sledge, Gnarl and Hammerhead I think are brilliant. EP is a much more edited sort of alt. metal band. Sledge and Gnarl and Hammerhead on the other hand are outright heavy and in my opinion better than EP. All the same, EP has done a good job in Irtiqa, and is a must buy for those who are into alt. rock.

Gopesh
    Damn Good band.....Really...feeling Bad abt the news of dissolve of this band.....they are mind boggling...the music , lyrics, effect, drumming, vocals and all the things.....are fantastic