Left Hand Path review by Entombed

• Released: Jun 4, 1990
Entombed: Left Hand Path

"Left Hand Path" is the first album by death metal legends Entombed, released in 1990. This album is arguably one of the most intense death metal albums of all time. It's just non-stopping massacre going through your ears since you push play and the magnificent title-track crushes everything in its path, until the last track, the bonus track "Premature Autopsy". Riffs are really insane and fast and solos are awesome. Not to mention that the guitar tone is really sick, sounds like a chainsaw used by a psychopath. For the bass lines, I don't think it's something outstanding, to be honest, but it's still pretty damn good. Drumming is also insane, featuring insane fills, aggressive death metal beats and even a few blast beats. This album is indeed a death metal classic, which called the attention of the death metal fans to the Scandinavian scene and placed Entombed among the most important death metal bands of all time.

Lyrics on this album are mostly typical death metal lyrics, about violence and gore. But there's also a few exceptions, like "The Truth Beyond", attacking christianism fiercely and the title-track, which talks about the Left-Hand Path belief system, something that guitarist Alex Hellid claims to have found in the "Satanic Bible" of Anton LaVey. The vocals of Lars Gran Petrov are just insane death metal growls, gutturals and low-pitched screams. Well, that's something you can expect from death metal, I guess, but this guy really got something else. You will know what I mean if you listen to it. Check out the bonus track "Premature Autopsy" or "Revel In Flesh", for an example.

Well, I think I've said it all here. This album is a death metal classic, coming from a highly inspired band. This is a big influence in the genre, to this day. It's that kind of album that you listen for the first time and already headbang really hard to it. I would point the title-track, "Drowned" and "The Truth Beyond" as the best songs here, but honestly, the whole album is awesome. This is perfection in form of metal, or at least it's pretty close to it. It's obligatory in the collection of any death metal fan. If I lose this or something, I will not even think twice to buy it again.

razorback91
    How can this album have only one review? maybe i should write one, althought im not really the word smith!