In Concert-Benefit For The Crossroads [DVD] Review

artist: Eric Clapton date: 09/07/2004 category: compact discs
Eric Clapton: In Concert-Benefit For The Crossroads [DVD]
Released: Oct 26, 1999
It's been quite a road for Eric Clapton: from blues purist to rock guitar god, from country-pop balladeer to classic rock icon, and on to his current status as all-around legend, playing everything from straight blues to neo-soul.
 Content: 8
 Production Quality: 6
 9.3
 8.5
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
In Concert-Benefit For The Crossroads [DVD] Reviewed by: numetaldude, on september 07, 2004

Sound: Excellent music. I have never heard Eric Clapton play better, and you would think at his age, he'd be a little rusty. The band he plays with are all excellent musicians, from Tim Collin on keyboards, to David Sanborn on saxophones. All the guests on the show were also great on stage. I loved the rendition of "Crossroads" with Bob Dylan was ace. The cover of "Little Wing" with Sheryl Crow, the best cover of the song in my opinion (yes, even better than SRV), is probably my favorite song in the entire concert. I did not, however, enjoy Mary J. Blige's set. The DVD, or the concert for that matter, was created in order to finance the Crossroads center in Antigua, which was and still is Eric Clapton's most passionate investment. "The center was made for the purpose of becoming sober and staying sober", in the words of Clapton himself. // 10

Overall Impression: Among the concert DVD's I own (I've got Beatles, Deep Purple, S&M, Hell Freezes Over, and a lot more), this is definitely my favorite one to watch. I watch this DVD over and over and I never get tired of it. If if it were lost, I'd go right on ahead and buy a new copy. No questions asked! // 10

Comments