The Cream Of Clapton review by Eric Clapton

• Released: Mar 7, 1995
Eric Clapton: The Cream Of Clapton

The Cream Of Clapton is the perfect CD for any Eric Clapton fans, or any blues fans. The CD hits your hard with some amazing hits from all sessions of his love including "Layla," "Sunshine Of Your Love," "Crossroads," "Cocaine," "Wonderful Tonight" and so much more. The sound is amazing. Clapton, one of the greatest guitar players of all time, delivers on nearly every song, bringing us amazing riffs and unforgetable solos. Clapton is not about speed, he chooses soul over shred.

The lyrics are awesome on this CD. Not all of it was written by him (I Shot The Sheriff, Knockin' On Heavens Door) but when he sings it he still makes it his own. His voice is unique and distinguishable, and it fits smoothly over whatever he is playing.

This CD is one of the best. This is CD is definitly one of my car stereos favorites (second only to SRV Essentials) and it deserves every minute of play. You will not regret buying this CD, I promise you. Lost or stolen? I would work a 4 hour shift at minimum wage at a greasy McDonalds for it (not that I do).