Escape The Fate review by Escape the Fate

• Released: Nov 2, 2010
Escape the Fate: Escape The Fate

ESCAPE THE FATE has just released their third album self -titled and second album with singer CRAIG MABBITT (ex-blessthefall). This album is their first album released on INTERSCOPE RECORDS. I have been a fan of escape the fate since dying is your latest fashion. When I heard ESCAPE THE FATE kicked their frontman RONNIE RADKE out of the band, I was devestated. I thought that they would never find a singer to replace him. They replaced Radke with CRAIG MABBITT (which at the time I was also a blessthefall fan and still am)and followed up theirdebut album with THIS WAR IS OURS. I thought TWIO was okay but not as good as DIYLF. I wanted to hear more screaming in he album but did not get what I wished for. I am not saying that the album was not good cause it didn't have RONNIE RADKE. Its just that that DIYLF had better songs thenTWI. Again, the album was okay but not as good as DIYLF. When I heard that they were recording a new album I got really excited. When tey released the first single "Massacre", I loved it. It was heavier and bettr written. The only thing that would dissapoint people is the complaint that it sounds a lot like BRING ME THE HORIZON'S "Chelsea Smile". But at least ETF made it sound very creative. Including a crowd gripping chorus and mosh-pitting breakdown and guitar solo. I love that song. Then I heard the second single titled "Issues". At first I was not a big fan of the song, but then it kind of grew on to me and I started to find it catchy. SO i bought the album and itdid not dissapoint me. To this very day I still think DIYLF is still their best album but this is very close to almost being as good. This album IMO is a lot darker and a lot heavier than their 2 previous records. The sound of this album is very creative. I have never heard of any type of music like this. Combining Post-hardcore music with MOTLEY CRUE type 80's metal. Out of all the insturments of the band the guitar had to be the biggest improvement. BRYAN MONTE MONEY shreds the $h1t out of every track on this album. All with crazy shredding guitar solos. Monte worked on this at his hardest. This record has the best guitar work that ESCAPE THE FATE has ever had. The drums and bass i really have not much to say. The only thing to say about the drums is that there are more fster sons meaning there are more double bass action on ROBERT ORTIZ'S drumkit. Now I am going to review the songs each 1 by 1, rating all the songs from 1-10. 01. Chose Your Fate: song that builds up the album making the people listening to the albumget pumped up. The song fades into the beginning of the second track MASSACRE. 7/10 02. Massacre: a heavy track on the album with screaming vocals and clean singing chorus. This song leans more towards the metalcore category than the post-hardcre genre. Has a breakdown before an epic guitar solo. great song to mosh to. The song may sound like BMTH's Chelsea Smile but who cares, its awesome. 10/10 03. Issues: one of those dark songs on the album. I would say its a darker version of THE FLOOD from TWIO. Pretty catchy chorus. 8/10 04. Zombie Dance: another dark song that talks about brinnig the dead back to life. not a favorite but not bad. 7/10 05. Gorgeous Nightmare: this song as soon as I clicked play I was amazed on how badass the intro to this song sounded. This song sounds a lot like a post-hardcore motley crue song. Really awesome song, the guitar solo is evern better. 10/10 06. City Of Sin: at first I thought the opening lyrics of this song killed the album. But afterwards it became enjoyable to listen. One of those alternative rock songs that ETF plays. 7/10 07. Day Of Reckoning: another heavy song with screaming verses and clean singing choruses. This song too has a breakdown that makes you want to get up and destroy. 8/10 08. Lost In DarKNESS: I have never heard of a song like this before in my life. It has to be the most creativ song on the album. I would also have to say probably the darkest song Escape the fate has ever written. The vocals go from low pitch to high showing Craig can really sing. The end of the song fades into the 9th track. 10/10 08. Prepare Your Weapon: another one of those heavy songs on the album. As soon as you hit play on that song, you know that the song is going to be fast paced. Has an awesome tapping solo nea the end. 8/10 10. World Around Me: has to be the sftest song on the album. It has a piano intro to it, making it the ballad of the album. Not a big fan of it but its till good. 7/10 11. The Aftermath (G3): okay eer sinc I heard that ETF was making a third guillotine song I was so excited. The first guillotine was awesome. The second was even better. This son is the best! Its the best song on the album. I love this song with a passion. Fast heavy song with a mix of screaming and singing verses with a heart gripping chorus. This song has the best solo they have ever recorded. This song is where BRIAN MONTE MONEY shines. His guitar work is unbelievable. The solo is crazy. It sounds like something DRAGONFORCE would play. That crazy! 10/10!

Now the most contreversial member of the group. CRAIG MABBIT's singing does not dissapoint me. His vocls has gotten a lot stronger than TWIO. In the tracks Masscare, Day Of Reckoning, The Aftermath (G3) he puts more screaming vocals in those songs than any other songs on the record. He also shows his high pitch and low pitch singing throughout the record as well. You can hear the high pitc vocals on the tracks Issues, City Of Sin and the outro chorus of The Aftermath. He shows his low pitch vocals on Gorgeous Nightmare and Lost In Darkness. I love Craig's vocals. I always know what he is talking about in all of his songs. One of my favorite lines would be in "The Aftermath" "My god forgive me for all of the bodies i've taken in battle oh god dont forsake me" the chorus is good as well "I will stand right by your side I have made it through the fight. Now I'm coming home" The song talks about what happens when you go to war and how you feelafter the fighting is all done. How you want to go home and be with your loved ones. "Massacre" also has reallygood lyrics as well. This is a problem. So stay with me until I erase this. This is a habit. Drugs were made for addicts like me. Close the casket. Send me to my grave. Bury me alive. I don't deserve this place. I've medicated myself again. I feel I'm killing my only friend. I've turned this world upside down, As I am slipping under. talks about how a person addicted to drugs is acting and how h tells his friends that are trying to help him to go away befoe he hurts them. knowing he will hurt all his friends near him he tells them to kill him (close my casket, send me to my grave) you got to give CRAIG MABBITT credit for that.

All of ETF's albums had a unique song. This album has a unique sound as well. This album is darker and heavier than the previous records. This has a uniqe sound and did not dissapoint me. In my opinion I love the heavy songs the most but if I had to pick my favorites I would say Massacre gorgeous Nightmare day Of Reckoning lost In Darkness and most of all !The Aftermath! I may like 2 songs the least on the album than all the other songs but overall I really like the album. F you are fans of metalcore bands such as BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE, AS I LAY DYING. Post-hardcore bands like SILVERSTEIN, ALESANA. And 80s metal MOTLEY CRUE. You would like them because that is what they sound like all put together on that album. This album is amazing. GO GET IT! Escape The Fate 4 Life!

Roflpwn
    a7xafterlife wrote: Radioactive-Cow wrote: FearOfTheDuck wrote: Nothing more than an a7x/bmth rip off. They should stop trying to be their favourite bands. Well if they are trying to be A7x and Bmth then they're doing a good job. They are all shit. 1. idk wtf your talking about with the a7x bmth thing. not sure what ur hearing other than the intro to massacre sounds like chealsea smile. 2. Avenged sevenfold is one of the best modern metal bands around, almost a new maiden or metallica. and the synyster gates is one of the best modern guitarists too. 3. Listen if u dont like escape the fate, stfu and just dont listen to them and dont complain, and listen to ur shit. 4. dont whine just becuz ronnie isnt etf anymore, get over it.
    This made me lol, a7x is just like ETF and none of them are legit. They are nowhere near iron maiden.
    GibbonWolf
    I can't say I enjoyed this. Then again I can't say I've enjoyed anything they've done =/ And don't say " Oh you have to listen to them, give them a chance you'll like them" I did, I have, and no.