Escape The Fate review by Escape the Fate

• Released: Nov 2, 2010
Escape the Fate: Escape The Fate

This album, being their first with the new record company, DGC, a division of Geffen Records, was guarenteed to have a new fresh sound. It's deffinantly more in your face and metal than This War Is Ours and Dying is Your Latest Fashion. They have added more screamed vocals from This War Is Ours, a deffinant plus. Eventhough it still consists of mainly clean vocals they did a great job of making a really dark and demonic sound out of a good 80-85 percent of the album. Also there experimenting with electronic sounds and alteration of the music was quite intersting, at first I disliked it, but now after hearing all of the songs a good 10-15 times they really fit into the new style that ETF is adopting. Great producing also, can't find a single flaw in the album as far a sound quality goes.

The lyrics are much better than any of the previous albums. The previous albums lyrics there were alot of whinny over emo sounding lyrics, they were still good don't get me wrong, they would just get annoying after a while. This album does not suffer from that, although a few songs get annoying all in all there really good. For me, I think that Craig is much better than Ronnie. And all of the bithcing and moaning about getting Ronnie back has to stop, deal with it. With that said, I expect hate comments but keep it to yourself, nobody wants to hear it.

Like I said before this album surpasses all other fomr ETF, lyricly and musically. To me, songs that stick out The Final Blow (only on the deluxe edition), The Aftermath G3, Day of Wrekoning, Lost in Darkness, and Prepare Your Weapon...really all of the songs are great, but if I had to pick those would be the best five. Again, like always, Monte is just epic when it comes to te guitar solos. In my opinion he is onw of the best guitar players of this genre, for sure not the best, but close. And his wonderfull songwriting skills make him sound much better than he actually is. All in all it is the best album I've heard all year, if you haven't go out and buy it as soon as you can!

the_negotiator
    .:*c@rY*:. wrote: My partner isn't even a metalhead, she can tell the difference with this album from the last. It's effortless and 'it could be any band playing this material'. There's no heart or soul put into the songs and the aggression from Dying Is Your Latest Fashion or This War Is Ours has just faded completely. I myself have described it as, 'it sounds like they just sat around all year, got pissed as nuts, then recorded an album in the last five minutes'. Not impressed boys and for the record, I'm not jealous of the fact that they're making it while I'm sitting around.
    Fully AGREE. They sound very bored imo. And from what I've heard Craig achieve in other bands (blessthefall comes to mind..) he doesn't need effects to mask his singing/screaming! He's fully capable by himself. They should go back to their roots and produce post-hardcore once again. This 'heavier' effort is a soulless, vapid, terrible, terrible album.
    drgoogs32
    killer_penguin
    larrytheguitar's review was the best thing I've ready all week.. I love me some tonuge-in-cheek humour I agree with him 100%
    led_sevenfold
    drgoogs32 wrote: i actually hated this album at first but then it grew on me i have to say that im am starting like craig as their singer but i will always want ronnie and omar back yes omar imo is a missing piece of their sound. Monte still is great all in all this album is some improvement from this war is ours.
    led_sevenfold
    Did not like this album, but left it on my ipod cos monte has some sweet solos, but after a year of it playing on shuffle it has grown on me. I even do a mad issues cover nao