This War Is Ours review by Escape the Fate

• Released: Oct 21, 2008
  • Reviewer's score: 4 Poor
Escape the Fate: This War Is Ours

Escape the Fate has long been regarded as "Up and Coming", "The next best thing", and all the likes that a magazine or website that can give them credit for their strong guitar and harsh, screaming vocals. Their new album, This War is Ours, hardly steps up to the plate to compare. With new lead vocals from Craig Mabbit (formerly Blessed the Fall), as Ronnie Radke endures his prison sentence, the sounds generated sound much align with older Escape the Fate... for two songs. Yes, sadly "This War is Ours (The Guillotine Pt 2)", and "The Flood", which ironically are the only two songs that the band posted on their myspace page, are the only two songs that compare to the older days of ETF. Otherwise, I would much rather listen to a cat being skinned than endure four minutes with Craig Mabbit moaning about a long lost love; hardly what the band initially stood for.

Apparently, Justin Timberlake is now writing their lyrics. One would have thought, "Hey, doesn't this sound a little, well, homosexual?" but this is not the case with the remaining Escape the Fate band members, as apparently they were all in cohorts with songs like "Ashley", which boasts the memorable lines "Like the brightest star you shine through. Ashley, baby, you make me feel so alive. I've got purpose once again. Yeah, yeah." I kid you not, there are eight, yes eight, more miserable songs on this CD, just like this sad excuse. Compared to the previous records of ETF, one cannot even fathom what kind of cracked up joke this is.

As previously said, this band has gone to hell, and I'm not sure if they can retrace their steps. I can honestly say, when the fans get their hands on this CD, they will be knocking from the doorstep, upset with what has become of their favorite heroes. As for me, I'll switch back and forth from "The Flood", to "This War is Ours", a couple more times, before I toss the CD out the window, hoping it will be hit by a semi. Then I'll probably turn it over to more memorable, older songs by my favorite band, and reminisce of what their music really should be. Guys, you should be ashamed.