This War Is Ours review by Escape the Fate

• Released: Oct 21, 2008
  • Reviewer's score: 3.7 Poor
Escape the Fate: This War Is Ours

Upon hearing about the new album being released in mid oct. I also heard about "The Flood" This being one of the first songs with him writing and singing my standards were very well standard. I loved the way Ronnie Sang with so much passion and so much "umph" you can tell that when he sang he gave it all. I also Enjoyed Craig From BTF I honestly think he has one of the best screaming voices, but he can't sing worth shit. When I heard "The Flood" I liked the opening riff I thought alright sweet bryan is gonna do his thing on guitar. Then the opening lines to the verse came in."I can't Believe... The Drama that I'm in!" I thought I was listening to linkin park. That hole song was horrible it sounded very much like something that would all the sudden have mike shinoda break in with this crazy rap sequence. I think heared the second song "This war is ours(the guillotine pat2)". Which honestly like most of the people out there is now my favorite song on the album. YET, it still doesn't have that sound that goes hey I'm different and great and not really compared to other stuff. Which was very true with the first album. The screaming was good up until he sang, and the guitar was good for the intro but everything sounded like bryan was trying out for Dragon Force, not to mention it's a little fishy he mentions "through fire and flames" in the song. Did not have it's own distinctive sound that stands out every song sounded different and like something else, and for that I give it a 4

If Craig wrote these I hate him. I hate him with a fiery passion. lyrics like "a gallery of your beauty, No charge at the door"(cellar door),"the day I left the womb"(titled) and many others from DIYLF, are put to shame by ones like "We will conquer them all"(this war is ours), "like the brightest star you shine through"(ashley. I already was aware craig couldn't sing nor write, for people that were BTF vets they could easily agree with how bad "with eyes Wide shut" is with a line like "you make me happiest of all men, I am the happiest of all men". Although, I love the way he screams and he can sing just in a different way. But he doesnt't sow the same passion Ronnie Did, and he Doesn't stick to one type of way to sing on "this war is ours" He honestly brought the whole album down by not screaming and writing bad.

I didn't have much of an impression I felt like hey I've heard that some where before, and if it wasn't that it was "alright I'm done listening to this bullshit, his lyrics are awful". The only song I would recommend listing to is:This war is ours(guillotine par2)" other then that Go and listen to the whole entire Dying is your latest fashion album, or go listen to Bless the falls His last walk album and listen to the first 5 songs. you will honestly ask your self what happened. I did not buy this album and I recommend no one does it's good to have but not to buy.

THExENDxBEGINS
    Ok you NEED to stop comparing this to old ETF!!! i was a fan of old ETF, but that's over now. move on! This is a pretty solid album, good vocals, killer riffs, cachy songs, what more could you ask for????
    BlinkBass13
    Untamed_Horizon wrote: Xdearxxdiaryx wrote: This CD is AWFUL. If they didnt have max they'd lose most of their scene girl following (like 80% of their "fans"). This band is never going to be as big as Motley Crue as they predicted I'd be suprised if they lasted another 2 years even. This cd is just more Pop-punk bullsht. They are sellouts. Craigs is an awful singer and a little pussy. xdearxxdiary don't talk shit, cuz you've most likely never even listened to their new stuff lol The cd was ****in' great, and it seemed Craig's presence made ETF so much more heavier, and the guitar was OVERWHELMING. Old ETF was bull, and it was seriously like early Christmas when ronnie left.
    You kiss my ass i totally agree with "xdearxxdiaryx" guitar and bass are the only decent shit off this album craig sound liek hes got his ball all squezzed off hes not try he just want to get paid for a piece of shit album!!!!!
    Untamed_Horizon