This War Is Ours review by Escape the Fate

• Released: Oct 21, 2008
  • Reviewer's score: 1.7 Junky
Escape the Fate: This War Is Ours

First off, I wanna say I was really looking forward to this album. I was devastated when I heard that the lead singer was out of the band, and even more devastated when I found out who the new singer was. I'll start off by saying that Craig has a lot of great potential, but he completely misses the vibe that escape the fate had in the past. the band has left Ronnie's awesome raspy singing and trades all this for some puss high pitched girly singing and these drawn out notes where it sounds like someones holding a fricken vibrator against his neck. I'm giving this a 3 because his singing ruins the awesome guitar playing and bass and drums. Escape the fate is good, and this isn't escape the fate. It's some crap attempt at a come back. sorry find a better singer.

"Lyrics" are gay. they are not thoughtfully put together like Ronnies. The older lyrics were more of sayings or events you could relate to other things, the new lyrics are straight up singing about something. and they are not good. getting fallout boyish. The Singer is just horrible with this band.

The best song on this album is "10 miles wide". and that's because it sounds the most different. I gotta give props to money however, because his guitar got even better. While it does sound a lot different that the previous album, he's got a new sound that works well. I would never buy this album, and I would never suggest other than people who like a slightly more hardcore Fall out Boy.

Dark_Raven10
    Im sorry but a 1.7 is ridiculous. Its a great CD, and a great band, but not a great Escape the Fate cd. It shouldnt be called Escape The Fate. However, you can't say it's bad.
    Xdearxxdiaryx
    Untamed_Horizon wrote: Xdearxxdiaryx wrote: This CD is AWFUL. If they didnt have max they'd lose most of their scene girl following (like 80% of their "fans"). This band is never going to be as big as Motley Crue as they predicted I'd be suprised if they lasted another 2 years even. This cd is just more Pop-punk bullsht. They are sellouts. Craigs is an awful singer and a little pussy. xdearxxdiary don't talk shit, cuz you've most likely never even listened to their new stuff lol The cd was ****in' great, and it seemed Craig's presence made ETF so much more heavier, and the guitar was OVERWHELMING. Old ETF was bull, and it was seriously like early Christmas when ronnie left.
    I listened to the whole awful thing before it came out i kept seeing too many bad reviews of it Im glad I did too that CD would have been a waste of money. You wouldnt know good music if it Fked you in the ass. You probably only like their image and couldnt care less how awful the music really is . Youve probably never heard anything by them but situations when it was on mtv before you heard this shit cd. HEAVY HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAhA your kidding right you probably think the jonas brothers are hardcore if your think this shit is heavy. You probably scoop out your mids or turn everything to 10 on your amp thinking its gonna make you sound bad ass huh