This War Is Ours review by Escape the Fate

• Released: Oct 21, 2008
Escape the Fate: This War Is Ours

Well considering that ETF lost their original singer Ronnie Radke due to him being sentenced to prison I think that this album is nothing too bad, and if anything shows a much more mature attitude of music, the bands sound has not really improved in catchyness and originality but it has improved a lot in the forms of techniques used by the instrumentalists and a lot more skill has gone into this album and talent you can esaily tell and also craig's vocals do go quite nicely with this newer, more grown up sound, although I do agree that they shud've had a few heavier tracks.

When it comes down to lyrics I think craig mabbitt is a bit of a "love" or "breakup" themed writer, which is fine but he needs to experiment a bit more because to be honest ronnie's lyrics were poetry, in tersm of how catchy they are craig's lyrics are good but that makes the band seem sort of generic, needs to think outside the box more I suppose, but in terms of actual singing the album is fine especially on tracks like "this war is ours" and "ashley" and "10 Miles wide" it shows the variety of craigs vocals. but yet again shud've had some more heavier songs with a bit more aggresive vocals not necessarily screaming just more heavier like.

Well this album I do feel is better than "dying is your latest fashion" because to be completely honest I preferred their EP to their debut album but hey that's my opinion but overall I think this album is an improvement of their sound and their skills as musicians. I personally love the guitar parts o the whole album brian "money" monte has done a fantastic job and the new addition of craig mabbitt has sparked arguments amongst fans but I feel he is doing a good enuf job and if anyone thinks this new album is "shit" or anything then they are clearly not true ETF fans because this album is pretty good.

padgea7x
    hidemyintention i yhinkyour review is best a new singer can make or break in this case its a bit of both, some people are disapointed with craig but i'm not i think he's an excellent replacement
    Rockinguitar
    I Like ETF, but I only listen to This War Is Ours (The Guillotine Part II), and The Flood now. There may been others I thought were ok, but none that memorable. Love the new Singer tho!!
    xtommyguntim
    ethizzle2 wrote: As for the guitar ed - it's monte, who had been playing rhythm in the past. I couldn't agree more...he's absolutely amazing, especially in Guillotine p.2. I think he's going to have many, many opportunities in the future to branch out given the phenomenal level of playing he has obtained.
    Monte was the Lead guitarist in the old albums, and Escape the Fate was way better back then.
    dragula852
    padgea7x
    PurpleBear102 wrote: It's different, it changed too much for me with craig.. they should change the name
    what bless the fate?
    ismellfunny13
    dragula852 wrote: this shitty album sucks such magnificently large balls. Xdearxxdiaryx who cares if someone saw the original lineup live, we still heard the music so **** you! Ghostknive, craig is trying to be and even look like ronnie, he changed his looks upon joining the band, and i just wanted to let you know you are a bitch****... and hey padgea7x craig is a shitty replacement on a shitty album so **** your 7.1, blow it right out your ass cuz the rest of us know this war is ours is a piece of shit... dont buy the new cd... bring ronnie back... please!
    someones had a bad day
    padgea7x
    ok then.....i bet your one of those people that listen to the old etf albums while sitting in the middle of an empty room rocking backwards and forwards saying i want ronnie back i want ronnie back.....you blasted 3 people for saying their opinions...your opinion was sad...no offense intended no i am not saying you are sad no i am not saying you are sad at all ok maybe a little bit...
    padgea7x
    dragula852 wrote: this great album rules and has such magnificently large balls compared to mine. Xdearxxdiaryx who cares if someone saw the original lineup live, we still heard the music so **** me ..please i'm desperate! Ghostknive, craig is trying to be and even look like ronnie, he changed his looks upon joining the band, and i just wanted to let you know you are a bitch****...that i love and hey padgea7x craig is a great replacement on a great album so **** your 7.1...or i will, blow it right out your ass cuz the rest of us know this war is ours is a piece of masterwork... dont buy the new cd cz i'll buy it for you... bring ronnie back... please! or i'll keep rocking back and forth on the floor listening to him sing
    Xdearxxdiaryx
    I was talking to the idiot who said Omar and ronnie suck. And yes it does matter retard how the **** are you gonna know whos playing guitar during what parts on the CD. It all comes out live. where you in the studio with them huh I think not. Fuck you too *****.