This War Is Ours review by Escape the Fate

• Released: Oct 21, 2008
Escape the Fate: This War Is Ours

Escape The Fate are one of those bands that are well known for combining heavy solos, lowered bass and a quality American finish on their Vocals. They combine amazing riffs and stunning solos into a package of explosive genius that will leave any listener yearning for MORE F--KING AWESOMENESS! The production of this album was stinted due to drug and legals problems with lead vocalist Ronnie Radke and rhythm guitarist Omar Espinosa. However these factors clearly didn't hold them back from creating this Metal masterpiece.

The lyrics and style of vocals have a tender tone to them filling them with emotion. This is especially noticeable in the track "Ashley" that can bring any emotional prick 9 (like me) to a tear. This album has a song for every mood and activity, for example, I've listened to it while: running, relaxing, tuning up/warming up, at parti, I've even fallen asleep after a blazing night listening to this album! The instrumentals and the vocals go together like the queen and tea, The former vocalist of bless the fall was called in after Radke was kicked out for bringing bad publicity and I can't think of anyone better for this album honestly no one else could do what this bloke has managed!

One of the greates albums to date. Incomparable. Recomeneded tracks: "Ashley", "Something", "You Are So Beautiful" and "10 Miles Wide" feat. Josh Todd. I love it's consistency, the lyrical ideas and combinations. I hate: Harder than you know has apparently got an acoustic version but it's exactly the same as the original version. I'm never letting my copy out of my sight.

perko1
    ok, there was only 4 good songs on DIYLF. Situations, My Apocalypse(the definition of perfect), Reverse this Curse and The Guillotine. I loved EVERY song on this one (except for Harder Than You Know, On To The Next One and Let It Go) They were ok