Inshalla review by Eskimo Joe

• Released: May 29, 2009
  • Users' score: 10 (1 vote)
Eskimo Joe: Inshalla

Have you ever heard Eskimo Joe's debut album Girl? If you have, Inshalla, the 4th, and newest Long Play Album from Eskimo Joe, is probably the closest thing to it. It brings back their original sound, the emotional vocals, expressing everything Kav's (lead singer) feeling. Particularly on 'Foreign Land', the opening song and 1st single from this album, as it's written about the death of Heath Ledger, a good friend of the band, dying so far away from home. Inshalla comes next, with an almost 'Black Fingernails, Red Wine' sound. This sounds like it will go big time, just as the 3rd album did. It's rock riffs, and indespensable drums make this song what it is. Next is Losing Friends Over Love, an almost soundtrack song, followed by songs like 'Your Eyes' and 'Childhood Behaviour', which you'd almost expect to be on Girl, Eskimo Joe's debut album. It's back home for Eskimo Joe, and I love it.

The lyrics in this song are so meaningfull, and understandable. Kav has an amazing voice, which brings so much life to all these songs. The words on Foreign Land especially, stay in your head. 'I smell the blood of an Australian', is pure genious. Emotions are reflected in both the lyrics and the voice.

Overall, this album is amazing. There is only one song I dislike. The best songs are Foreign Land, Inshalla, Sound of Your Heart, Childhood Behaviour and Your Eyes. It's originalily and also regularity amazes me. I love all the songs sound different, but are the same in a little way only Eskimo Joe can produce. Of course, if I lost this album I would buy it again, and I would keep buying it until I'm broke.