Anywhere But Home review by Evanescence

• Released: Nov 23, 2004
Evanescence: Anywhere But Home

The sound on this album is fairly good but I believe it could have been better. I found Amy Lee's voice a bit hard to hear in some songs but for the most part it was good (especially in "My Immortal").

The lyrics are great with this album especially on the older tracks "Farther Away" & and "Breathe No More" and on the previously unreleased track "Missing." As I said it is a bit hard to hear the lyrics in some songs but it shows that Amy Lee has real talent.

This album doesn't compare to Fallen mainly because the production isn't as good. I believe the best tracks on the album are; "Thoughtless" (a Korn cover), "My Immortal", "Imaginary" & "Missing." As I have said my only disappointment is that the albums sound does compare to other live album (i.e. Live In Texas) but is still worthy of purchasing. If this album were lost or stolen I would probably skip buying another CD and just buy the DVD.

lespaul_shred
    i'm not used to hearing Thoughtless with a piano, but eh, good job from Amy nonetheless. if only she could sit still on to a chair so that she can sound 'studio' good. the live concerts should kick some major [ahem] then.