Anywhere But Home [DVD] review by Evanescence

• Released: Nov 23, 2004
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 9
Evanescence: Anywhere But Home [DVD]

I think the sound is very different and defines its own sound. With each song Amy Lee sings into she puts in heart and emotion into it. Trust me. I've never seen such a performer express her lyrics like this. She fits every mood of the songs and captures you into that mood. She pounds her lyrics home with her fist in the air and is always moving around. Trust me, it's neat to watch. The DVD also included behind the scenes which gives us a taste of Amy and the bands funny side.

Content — 10
It contains behind the scences of Evanescence. It's a live concert DVD also with 4 of thier vidoes and a hidden track of "Bring Me To Life" performance. It includes Haunted, Going Under, Bring Me To Life, Everybodies Fool, My Last Breathe, Taking Over, My Immortal, Imaginary, Farther Away, Tourniqet, Whisper, and a cover song from Korn, Thoughtless. Yes I was very satisfied I got it over a year ago and I'm still watching it. It hard enough for metal lovers yet freindly enough for those on the softer edge.

Production Quality — 9
They are. You get to shuffle what you want and skip to what you want easily too. The screens really clear and the affects and video footage is really cool. Trust me, it's worth it and I'm not usaully into these softer bands.

No actaully it doesn't and that's the truth. The sound is just too different to put it into another bands sound. I mean the sound is good enough for bands to idolize its sound. The most impressive thing on this DVD I'd say is the concert. They have it from so many angles its so cool. you can really see how they perform. I love the behind the scences, it almost feels as if you know them in person. I really don't hate every thing on it. If it was stolen I would buy it again there really not a few weeks that go by that I don't watch it or listen to the concert when I'm cleaning my room or something.