Anywhere But Home [DVD] review by Evanescence

• Released: Nov 23, 2004
  • Content: 9
  • Production Quality: 9
Evanescence: Anywhere But Home [DVD]

Evanescence is a fairly good live singing band. When I bought the DVD I was amazed at how they coul goof off during the song but still keep it cool and not mess up. The biggest thing Evanescence is known for I believe is Amy's playing on the piano, this helps it have an advantage over most bands cause most don't even have a piano. Not only is amy good at it, she is also the lead singer.

Content — 9
I bought the CD and found out it came with a DVD of the band so I immidiatly bought it. The DVD is moslty just videos of thier latest tour and the goofing off they did. The DVD had them perform the main songs Going Under, Bring Me To life, Tournequete (or however you spell that), and the biggest hit of all to me was Whisper. It was about an hour long feature and I was very satisfied with what I saw. It had a couple of Special features on the DVD like "the making of" and what not.

Production Quality — 9
The DVD was of good quality and had absolutely any flaws I could find. The technology was modern 2003 kinda stuff so it was preety neat watvhin all the cool stuff they did with the amps and guitars. In one of the songs, I'm not really sure which, They made the piano electric and it even had a distortion pedal to make it sound even cooler.

I can't really say it compares because I haven't seen many other DVDs of bands like this that haven't sucked. The coolest thing on the DVD was the behind the seens of the concerts they had(where they operated the lights, speakers, and ect. I would probobly not want to get it again, I don't really have a good reason, but they aren't exactely my favorite band (unless you like gothic rock or whatever). But other than all that the DVD is great and if you like evanescence I recommend getting it.

Krayzie-Bone
    pinheadslts75 wrote: Amy Lee can't sing for shit live.
    Troll. obviously no one can sing when you're jumping and running around like a headless chicken try sing your self. Its like she going to sit on a chair and sing perfectly for 1 1/2 hours how boring will that be.