Anywhere But Home [DVD] Review

Content: 9.5
 Production Quality: 8.3
 8.9
Anywhere But Home [DVD] Reviewed by: the_bride_2006, on february 11, 2006

Sound: Evanescence have gained a huge fanbase all round the world since releasing their multi-million selling debut "Fallen" in 2003. Singer Amy Lee has become an idol for the girls and a pin-up for the boys with her 2-year stint of classical training of her voice and stage presence lessons and it truly has paid off for the 23-year old. "Anywhere But Home" is a two-disc affair, the concert shot live at The Zenith in Paris where Muse filmed their "Hullabaloo" DVD in 2004. There is also a CD with an unreleased track in the form of "Missing" which shows Evanescence at their most spine-chilling. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall, I would recommend it to all serious Evanescence fans, but not for those who just, for example, like a couple of songs. It was a fantastic stocking filler for me when I got it for Christmas a couple of years ago and it certainly will be for the most crazy/serious of Evanescence fans. It'll also do until Evanescence release their new album sometime this year. // 8

Anywhere But Home [DVD] Reviewed by: axeslinger0u812, on april 12, 2005

Sound: This DVD is great for any fan. It was made after Ben Moody left the group, and so there is less lead guitar work, but it's still a good glimpse into the band. Musically, the band is tight, and the little things they've done to slightly alter the sound of the songs are awesome. Some very cool additions are two B-Sides, with Farther Away and Breathe No More, as well as the addition of Thoughtless, a cover orginally done by Korn. Also, on the CD, they add another B-Side done in the studio, Missing. The sound is a little off in the beginning, with Amy's voice being a little lost in the mix, and the guitar's being different volumes, but it evens out as the show progresses, much like a concert, lol. One thing some will notice is the guitar solo's have been changed in Haunted and Going Under. At first it's a little strange to hear, but after awhile, they grow on you. For those of you familiar with Fallen, this is basically a really good live representation of that CD, with some added things. // 8

Overall Impression: This is one of the best DVD/CD packages I've seen. It offers an awesome concert, hilarious behind the scenes footage, a CD with the entire concert on it, as well as a B-Side. The concert album artwork is wicked, the menus have a very nightmare before christmas feel, and it's really just a fun DVD to watch. I highly recommend it to anyone, even if you aren't an Evanescence fan, if only just to watch the behind the scenes. And if you are a Evanescence fan, you couldn't go wrong. // 10

Anywhere But Home [DVD] Reviewed by: xCoilx, on may 04, 2006

Sound: I think the sound is very different and defines its own sound. With each song Amy Lee sings into she puts in heart and emotion into it. Trust me. I've never seen such a performer express her lyrics like this. She fits every mood of the songs and captures you into that mood. She pounds her lyrics home with her fist in the air and is always moving around. Trust me, it's neat to watch. The DVD also included behind the scenes which gives us a taste of Amy and the bands funny side. // 10

Overall Impression: No actaully it doesn't and that's the truth. The sound is just too different to put it into another bands sound. I mean the sound is good enough for bands to idolize its sound. The most impressive thing on this DVD I'd say is the concert. They have it from so many angles its so cool. you can really see how they perform. I love the behind the scences, it almost feels as if you know them in person. I really don't hate every thing on it. If it was stolen I would buy it again there really not a few weeks that go by that I don't watch it or listen to the concert when I'm cleaning my room or something. // 10

Anywhere But Home [DVD] Reviewed by: Bass Reaper, on october 16, 2006

Sound: Evanescence is a fairly good live singing band. When I bought the DVD I was amazed at how they coul goof off during the song but still keep it cool and not mess up. The biggest thing Evanescence is known for I believe is Amy's playing on the piano, this helps it have an advantage over most bands cause most don't even have a piano. Not only is amy good at it, she is also the lead singer. // 10

Overall Impression: I can't really say it compares because I haven't seen many other DVDs of bands like this that haven't sucked. The coolest thing on the DVD was the behind the seens of the concerts they had(where they operated the lights, speakers, and ect. I would probobly not want to get it again, I don't really have a good reason, but they aren't exactely my favorite band (unless you like gothic rock or whatever). But other than all that the DVD is great and if you like evanescence I recommend getting it. // 8

Comments