Evanescence review by Evanescence

• Released: Oct 11, 2011
Evanescence: Evanescence

This new Evanescence album sounds like classic evanescence but with a renewed passion for the music. Amy sounds like she is having fun again. This album contains all of the spooky haunting melodies and heavy metal riffs you can handle but the guitar sound is slightly different then on the previous albums. I think this change is for the better, it makes the guitar sound more individual. There are many different stylistic ideas such as songs like "The Change", "The Secret Door" (Deluxe Edition of the album) and of course "What You Want". I love that they kept the classic sound but I also love that they added some new flavors to the mix. Evanescence keep it fresh as always.

The lyrics for this album are very centered around being free. In the song "What You Want" the entire song is rejoicing in the fact that Amy and the rest of the band are having fun and can do what they want because no one is holding them back. The lyrics to "Made Of Stone" reflect self defense and standing up for yourself. Some of the most beautiful, deep, and meaningful lyrics are found in "Lost In Paradise" which is a very powerful/emotional song that Amy performs on piano and then a huge band section comes in.

This album compares very well with the others, in fact I would say this album is better than "Fallen"... Only because fallen isn't as "themed" as this album. "Fallen" is more of like a greatest hits album lol. And if I lost this album I would get three more! And they would be deluxe editions!

Krayzie-Bone
    grohl1987 wrote: lpwjbklyn wrote: Countsluggo wrote: Thats cause ben moody was awesome. Listen to we are the fallen. I had heard people say that he was the source of the best songwriting on Fallen and I just didn't believe them. After hearing the new Evanescence album and the "We Are The Fallen" material, I have to believe that they were right.It became obvious he was the real talent when the second EVanescence album came out and sucked while his solo album came out and was really good, although he was on a tiny label so not many people ever knew he made one. The problem is that Ben Moody doesn't have star quality. He's great at what he does but he's not someone who's going to sell concert tickets and magazines by himself. The rest of the guys he took with him to We Are The Fallen are the same deal. They can get the job done but none of them are natural superstars. Amy Lee IS a natural superstar but she's not really a master of hard rock riffs and captivating lyrics. She's a great voice and a good frontwoman but she doesn't have that groundwork down. Her new bandmates seem only capable of cranking out the most generic nu-metal and post-grunge riffs possible. I really feel that if Ben and Amy had stuck around together for longer they could have ended up going down in history as one of the strongest rock & metal acts ever. Fallen was such a strong start and they've both proved they're not worn out yet. Just a huge shame they can't put the past behind them and do it together again.
    What are you on about Ben moody guitar riffs were all the same in the fallen Album it was literally 85% of the chords were the same so if he was their to make a second album im sure it would be the same as FALLEN just with different lyrics. The 2nd album was much more creative Even when Terry was literally working Disabled.
    KreepingDeth187
    This album is too happy for an Evanescence record. They need to get all depressed again so they can sound like they did on the Fallen record...BEST Evanescence record they ever did. I listen to it like once a week....for the past 6 years or w/e...and ya Ben Moodys guitar worked perfect with Amy Lee, this new band is very generic