Fallen review by Evanescence

• Released: Mar 4, 2003
Evanescence: Fallen

The overall sound was incredible. With the orchestra included on some of the songs, piano, guitar, bass, drums, and arguably one of the best singers in music today Amy Lee, blows me away. This is completely different from anything I've ever heard before, and if you want something in music that doesn't sound like a certain other band or thing, get this album.

Most of the lyrics come from experiences the band and its members may have had. Just overall greatness in meaning and incredible voice of Amy Lee to go along with it.

First time I had ever heard of this band was like so many was the hit song "Bring Me to Life". Liked it first time I heard it. Finally found the name of the band, Evanescence, and went to Kazaa and looked for the song. Found it, downloaded it, and loved it still. Wasn't sure if they were going to be a one hit wonder so I downloaded 3 more songs, and was sold. Finally got the album, just flat out awesome. From the Piano ballads of "Hello" and "My Immortal" to the guitar riffs in "Haunted", "Whisper" and "Going Under" and my favorite track on the album, "Tourniquet" which is a cover of "My Tourniquet"-Soul Embraced, this album really explains itself as a great rock album. Now I actually own 2 copies of this cd. A definite must buy.