Fallen review by Evanescence

• Released: Mar 4, 2003
  • Reviewer's score: 4 Poor
Evanescence: Fallen

The sound for this album is not new. A couple of power chords here, some crazy lyrics there, and you have the Evanescence album.The sound for Fallen was just plain blah. All the songs had the same mood and often sounded the same. The only thing different from other crap is the way Evanescence has that classical crap. The piano adds something else to it but not much. The piano may be good in some cases but I thought it sounded so sappy on My Immortal. All I can say is boring.

I hated the lyrics for this record. They are all exactly the same! All Amy Lee ever sings about is falling. I can about four songs on the album that talks about falling. Maybe on the next album she will branch out and talk about tripping. I do have to admit that the lyrics do compliment the song, but when you sing about the same things all the time it gets incredibly boring.

Do you really want to buy this album? Please say no because it's just a piece of crap. Don't be like me and the rest of the world who was sucked into buying it after hearing Bring Me to Life. The only okay songs on the whole album are Bring Me to Life, and Going Under. The album is not worth the $20 you would probaly spend on it.