Fallen review by Evanescence

• Released: Mar 4, 2003
Evanescence: Fallen

The sound of the album is kinda mysterious and dark because of the soft, yet powerful piano with a lot of power chords on the guitars and the matching drum beats and occasional strings to go with the other instruments. Amy's singing, on the other hand, does seem very emotional and powerful, but honestly, the girl is straining the hell out of her voice.After a while, my ears start to feel strained as well, but she doeskinda have a good voice.

I gotta say, the only things Amy's singing about are-"dying", lost loved ones, not being able to breath, going down and under and just basically falling, which is why I think the album name is perfect for these lyrics. Though the way she puts her feeling and thoughts into words are quite creative, one can only take so much of repetitive stuff.

The only reason I bought this album was because Evanescence is getting so much hype and attention-with those grammies and multi-platinum sales, I wanted to hear what they were all about. Listening to the album-the songs are not bad. I like their sound and all but I'm not really into Amy's singing voice-I mean, her voice doesn't suck, but after a point, it can get irritating. If the album got stolen or lost, I'd probably think about buying it again. Maybe.