Fallen review by Evanescence

• Released: Mar 4, 2003
  • Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
Evanescence: Fallen

I like the mix of sounds in this, there is a good range of instruments that give a fairly original sound. Amy Lees's voice is extremly good, it is powerful and about an octive higher than most of us can reach. (At least I speak for myself.) The guitar riffs are inovative and the piano adds a more soft addition to it. I do think that My Imortal is dull, repetitive and a bit of a let down.

I find the lyrics are really all quite similar. They are well written but unoriginal, everysong is a different way of saying the same thing. I think that is really what draws alot of people to Evanescence, they are suitably dark. The reason they work is Amy Lee's voice which matches the music well and is completly unique.

I do like tihs album alot, but it isnt one of my favorites. It's repetitivness for me makes it lose the novelty it has. My favorite song is probably Going Under, my least favorite being My Imortal by far. I didn't actually buy this, I copied it off a friend. I don't listen to it much so I wouldnt spend another blanc cd on it if I where to lose it.