Fallen review by Evanescence

• Released: Mar 4, 2003
Evanescence: Fallen

OK, it seems that there are only two opinions about Evanescence, they're either excellent or terrible. Well I'm going to say that they are excellent. Some people have said that amy's piano playing is too simplistic, well yeah it is simple but it's bloody effective. I mean it doesn't need to be complicated to be good, I play the piano and even though its some of teh simplest stuff I know it is also some of teh best sounding. Also, just to enforce the fact that it doesn't have to be complicated to be good listen to Led Zeppelin's Tangerine off Led Zeppelin 3, that is one of their simplest songs and its also in my opinion one of their best. The guitar is pretty basic but that's good too and of course Amy Lee's vocals are excellent and the highlight of the album.

All about the same thing are they? Well yes they are, but so what? They work really well with the music and are brought alive by Amy's vocal talent. The lyrics show that these songs have come from the heart and that a great deal of care has been put into them.

The most impressive songs on the album have to be Haunted, My Immortal, Hello and Imaginary. This is simply because it is on these tracks that Amy's voice shines through most. A song that really should be on this album but isn't is Breath No More, that is an absolute masterpiece and really should have been on this album. I think that most of the criticism surrounding Evanescence has been sue to the fact that they have got so much coverage, which makes them seem like sellouts. Oh yeah and they went on top of the pops, that's the record companies fault not the band. Also because people who would not normally listen to rock music listen to evanescence rock fans may think that they are too commercial. One last thing Everybodies Fool came on at a metal and rock night and the mosh pit was absolutly packed as soon as it came on!