Fallen review by Evanescence

• Released: Mar 4, 2003
Evanescence: Fallen

The band's sound, isn't like any other album out there. You lable them as a "goth/metal" band, when they are, but where do you put the heavenly vocals, the soft piano and instrumental parts in many of the songs, and the chiors that back Amy up on almost half the songs? They have definetly brought a whole new sound to the world of music. I think all of this album is coming out of a point of depression, maddness and sadness. Overall, Evanescence's sound is amazing.

The lyrics on this album are really good. Just the fact that the band can express their anger and sadness without a single bad thing in there, just makes me like them even more. I do think that having some bad stuff in your CD is kinda cool, but I've never really heard one without a single bad word in there. I think that, that takes a lot of somg writing skills to do that. I've even written songs with innapropriate stuff in them. The lyrics with the music is awesome. I really think that they go perfectly together. Evanescence did sn amazing job putting the lyrics to the music. Alright. Now how do I rate Amy's singing skills? Well, she's got the most beautiful voice I"ve ever heard. She can hit the high notes perfectly, but at the same time, go lower than some male singers can go, and still make it sound like 1,000,000 bucks. Amy is defenetly a singer that many people strive to be.

This, by far, is my favorite CD. I don't think it could ever compare with any other artist. Although they do sound some what like other bands, they have a totally different sounds than any other band I've ever heard. The most impressive songs on this album are probably "Hello," "Bring Me To Life," and "Haunted." They show just how powerful Amy's voice really is. The thing I love most about it is the fact that no singer can compare to the skills that Amy Lee has. I mean, there are better, and there are worse, but her voice fits the music perfectly. Honestly, there isn't anything that I hate about this album. It's all amazing. Now, for the million dollar question, if it were stolen or lost, I would defenetly go and buy another copy. Seriously, I mean I can't go more than 4 days without listnening to it.