Fallen review by Evanescence

• Released: Mar 4, 2003
Evanescence: Fallen

I think Evanescence are an amazingly clever Gothic band. This album really is a masterpiece with its hard gothic-sounding metal mixed in with sort of gothic-sounding choir/classical together as a fusion. With dead talented guitarists and drummer, the vocals of Amy Lee really add a great mixture of density to the genre. The sound is perfect for gothic music lovers and any other people alike.

The lyrics are not grim exactly but have a very dark feel to them mainly in songs like Tourniquet, Bring Me To Life, and Going Under. They change a bit in songs like Everybody's Fool and Imaginary, and the ballads like Hello and My Immortal, in a sense are tear-jerkers. Not that I cried or anything! But I love this genre that the music and lyrics come across as.

I bascially think that the talent could not have been better in this album. Amy Lee has an amazing singing voice put together with great metal riffs and inspired drumming. What more could you want? Definitely buy this album if you are either a lover of metal or gothic stuff. And if I may say, Amy Lee isn't half good-looking either!