Origin review by Evanescence

• Released: Nov 4, 2000
Evanescence: Origin

The Origin album shows a younger Evansecence back in the days before they became mainstream. It is a more unique album than Fallen as each song has something different about it. My impression of the music on this album would have to be really good. It is a mix of great vocals, straightforward riffs and the trademark Gothic feel, choirs and all. There are some great acoustic ballads as well as an instrumental called Eternal that is quite a relaxing piece.

The lyrics on this album are mostly excellent and can be related to, Amy Lee's voice suits the feel and mood of the overall themes well. Some themes include love, others a more subdued feeling. The singing really compliments the music and lyrics as a whole, though on some songs there are male voices that give a darker more aggressive effect e.g. on the song Lies.

This album actually has a few songs that were remade for the Fallen album which include Whisper, Imaginary and My Immortal. Among my favourite songs are Where Will You Go, Even In Death and Anywhere which has a beautiful melodic guitar solo, but I like every song on the album. Compared to Fallen I can't really decide which is better but if you are a true Evanescence fan then this is a must get.

NiK-117
    XGodThatFailedX
    I love Evanescence...and all their albums...but the best song on this album would have to be...Lies!! or Where Will You Go!!
    disturbed_god
    NiK-117 wrote: i read somewhere that amy lee said you can just download the album, if shes ok with it, then so am i! o and Anywhere is INCREDIBLE.
    Yes, she said you can download any of their early stuff (anything not on Fallen). This site has a free mp3 of every one of those songs: And yes, Anywhere owns. So do Lies and Away From Me.
    disturbed_god
    Dammit, the link didn't work. www.scifithemes.com/evanescencewavs/evanescencemusicwa vs.html