The Open Door review by Evanescence

• Released: Oct 3, 2006
  • Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Evanescence: The Open Door

I was honestly a bit unstaisfied with this album. I didn't want a new 'Fallen' but I did wanted a lot of creativity again. It is soemthing that the album misses. The album tends to sound the same. Fallen had a lot of variety though even though the sound itself was quite the same. Something 'The open door' doesn't have. Amy Lee's voice is still a big plus.

I never dislike the lyrics of Evanescence. Amy Lee's writing has a depth and soberness that I love a lot. She makes you think about what she writes and you feel her emotions throughout the music. She has a wonderfull voice and she shows this again on this album. She carries you away and still leaves a longing for more. She has one of the best female voices in the world if you ask me.

I was disappointed when listening to this. Songs like 'Lithium', 'Call me when you're sober' and the use of Mozart's Lacrimosa in 'Lacrymosa' was worth listening to it. I had a lot of hopes up for this album but I did not get what I wanted. Evanescence has a lot of potential but if Ben was indeed the one that made 'Fallen' to what is. They need some thinking to do.

xCoilx
    overall the Cd is good,i just wish that there were more songs like "Sweet Sacrifice".it is really soft but i guess im not suprised since Ben left and Amy took over.
    xCoilx
    every time a band seems to turn away from their original sound they end up going way off track.guess thats what happened here.awell.at least theres a couple good songs on there.dont buy it just burn some songs off it.