Horrorscope review by Eve 6

• Released: Jul 25, 2000
Eve 6: Horrorscope

I really liked the sound of this album, on every song except "Sunset Strip Bitch". They tend to use a lot of effects on the guitar and a lot of different tunings, but the guitarist is fairly good. However, the bassist seems to be kind of lacking, but he makes up for it with good vocals. It has fast and slow songs, just like any alternative rock album.

The lyrics of this band are great. Max Collins is able to bring out tons of emotion with his vocals, and he is a great singer. The lyrics are well thought out and meaningful, and the lyrics go with the music great.

This cd really doesn't compare to anything else I've ever listened to, and it is one of maybe favourite cds. I would definately get it again if it was lost. My favourite songs include "Promise", "Here's to the Night", "Amphetamines", "Nocturnal", "Nightmare", and "Girl Eyes". I pretty much loved everything about this album.

Th6r6a6sH
    My first impression on this album was very much the same as canucksrule, except I found myself liking "Sunset strip bitch" more and more pleasing as I kept listening. One thing that comes to mind is that quite a few of the drum tracks sound too synthesized, like a drum machine. That threw me quite a curveball when recalling the alternative and raw sound of their self-titled album. But I still like Horrorscope a lot.