It's All in Your Head review by Eve 6

• Released: Jul 22, 2003
Eve 6: It's All in Your Head

Eve 6 continued their with their alternative rock sound on this album, and most songs are very good. The first single, "Think Twice", is a fantastic song that really shows off what made Eve 6 in the first place. However, songs like "Hey Montana" just aren't Eve 6 and belong more to a country band. Well actually theres only one of those, but there are a couple of not-too-great songs.

I think that lyrics are definately the strong-point of Eve 6. Max Collins (the lead singer) is, in my opinion, one of the strongest lead singers in the world of alternative rock today. His lyrics are continually well written, and there was no change in that trend with this album. Overall, they were very well done.

This album was quite a change from Horroscope, as it seemed to have a little darker and heavier sound to it. I love "Think Twice" as well as "Friend of Mine". They are both great songs. I suppose I have many better albums than this, but these guys are one of the only alternative rock bands I listen to. It was fairly good, but nothing ground-breaking.

Th6r6a6sH
    When you dissect the song "Hey Montana" at first you feel that essence of country, but then hear the rock and punk overtones in the strum styling, making it just an unplugged version of practically any Eve 6 song. Then Max's vocals provide that rock feel that I rather enjoyed.