A Night To Remember: Live 2004 [DVD] review by Evergrey

• Released: Aug 2, 2006
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 10
Evergrey: A Night To Remember: Live 2004 [DVD]

Being great fan of Evegrey band, I was amazed by sound and atmosphere they did on "A Night To Remember" concert. After just few watching of this DVD I found that this is one of the best live recordings I ever heard!

Content — 10
There's a 2 DVD in a great box edition. Matias Noren (from ProgArt) did excellant covers and images for whole edition. Because of that you will find that this DVD is one of the best edition you've ever seen. Whole DVD is done in dark colors. Inside booklet you will find excellant photos, images and stories about this concert. One first DVD there is recording of show. This concert is amazing, much better of many concerts I watched for years. Their musicianship is incredible. Atmosphere is great. Sound is amazing! Whole thing is spaced up with back vocals and string quartet on stage! This is a rare concert which sounds studio alike! Show is great, as I said, but you will find that Evergrey isn't "machine-men"! They play with heart and soul, they are not band like Dream Theater who play strictly as in studio. Second DVD is filled with 3 main section: videos, interviews and recordings of albums and studio & tour diares. You will find tone of great things you'll never know about Evergery! Also, they speak about their gear, about recordings and making songs.

Production Quality — 10
You'll be surprised by quality of DVD, talking about first DVD with recording of "A Night To Remember" show. Everything is about atmosphere. Sound is perfect, light is perfect, everything is great! Second DVD is filled with materials they recorded many years ago, with different cameras, so I think that is stupid talking productiond quality of their home videos! It is funny, anyway.

Being great fan of Progressive metal music, I would like to see and hear more releases like this one. All bands in this music direction should have to think about making something like this. I'm very happy and proud to have this DVD, because it is one of the greatest DVD I've ever seen in my life. Every fan of metal music must have it! If it were stolen? It is not possible!

KVX10 KING V
    Friggin right, Evergrey rules. They truly play with heart and soul, preferably i like Recreation Day the most of all their albums. Sick review for a sick band.
    aeryes
    I'm constantly under impression that Evergrey isn't as popular as it should be... great band, great songs and arrangements... I think their time is yet to come,as they still get better with each new release.
    maximumrocker
    great band have known about them since the Inner circle release and there not awell known as they should be