Truth Of The World: Welcome To The Show review by Evermore

• Released: Mar 20, 2009
Evermore: Truth Of The World: Welcome To The Show

So. It's finally here. The third album from Evermore, the third album to go platinum... And the first Concept album to come from the band. Yes, concept. I used that word, often used as an insult. ToTW is anything but an insult. Sure, it's a definitely over produced, but it's front-man Jon Humes first go at producing, and we all expect concept albums to be over produced. It just comes with the territory. Truth of the World is about media, politics, 'official' lies, advertising, and about human nature. It was recorded over 18 months, at Evermore's custom studio in Melbourne, Australia.

The lyrics from ToTW are nothing like anything Evermore have ever attempted. The lyrics range from potent all the way to cheesy. Although the lyrics are on fairly similar subjects, the music underneath is diverse and interesting, the piano riffs and banging synth creating tension and a sense of hugely pent up energy. In the song 'Everybody's Doing It', Evermore inserted a sample of Hitler at Nuremburg rally, in another song there is a soundbite from a Charlie Chaplin film, 'the Great Dictator' and in 'Between the Lines' is a quote by JFK. Evermore have all guns blazing.. and Jon's voice is better than ever!

Concept albums are never the most popular, we all know that. People have gone off them, leaving only the most hard-core fans to actually enjo the album as a whole. Evermore knew that the album could potentially crash and burn, but they had made it for themselves, not for anyone else, and that clearly shows through in the music. I really love this album, and I would recommend it to anyone interested in Indie Rock music.

Bloodlust Vamp
    I hope that when you say the lyrics can range to cheesy, you realise that this is what Evermore were hoping on - as it's supposed to be their own take on sardonicism... the lyrics are complete genius, when you understand what they are trying to say - ahm, "the storys written 'Between the Lines'".