Shh Just Go With It review by Every Avenue

• Released: Feb 19, 2008
Every Avenue: Shh Just Go With It

This is the debut album of a young band, but that doesn't change the fact that their music and abilities is great. They have released several EPs in the past, but this is their first full length album. Their music is pop-punk and they are able to stay within this area, while still branching out to the borders of the genre. In almost all of their songs, they have the standard overdriven power chord riffs ad the catchy melodies, but it is the that fact that they will change everything else that might appeal to some and turn away some. They go from the pop-yer side of things with songs like "Where Were You" but also have songs that are more in the vein of straight-up pop rock with songs like "Trading Heartbeats". Listeners to this album my find that they very much like some of the songs and immediately skip others. Basically, this is not a standard pop-rock album and if you are a fan of only one side of it, you may not enjoy this album as much, but fans of the genre would not be wasting time if they checked this out.

I find that the singer is what makes this band stand out. His voice is rather unique, that separates it from other bands, but seems to fit perfectly with the music. His singing ability is no less amazing if somewhat limited. His range is not extraordinary but his ability inside the range he can sing, as well as his unique voice makes him great for this music. The lyrics are your standard pop-punk lyrics, ranging from relationships to reflective (introspective) to optimistic upbeat lyrics. Nothing very special here, though that's no to say the lyrics aren't good in them selves and the areas that they represent.

Overall, I very much enjoyed this album. I have a wide variety of musical tastes and I was able to enjoy this album a lot.They have certainly found a niche in my music library. I listen to them because they are unique yet the same. If I feel like listening to something along the lines of pop-punk/pop-rock, I can listen to these guys, but their variety and flavor they have on their music keeps me from writing them off as "just another band" and ensures I don't get bored of them too soon.

Felkara
    It's a decent wnough album - well produced and all that. But I do feel that some of the tracks really fall flat when you properly listen to them, like that piano-y ballad - that one's actually apalling. On the other hand, Freak Out! has an insanely technical rhythm guitar line - lots of chromatics. Nice ^_^
    Anthony1991
    I don't see how a purely powerchord based band can get almost a rating of 9, and the review doesn't really expand into the songs that much, almost as if the reviwer is deliberately trying to avoid them
    meakel
    I think the singer is great, but I wouldn't say he's unique... if you compare him with other singers in the same genre he's the best of the best, but he's still clearly in that category
    wecouldfall
    is a very average album, by a very average band. also, you should work on editing your reviews a bit more.