Low Teens review by Every Time I Die

• Released: Sep 23, 2016
Every Time I Die: Low Teens

First of all, Keith Buckley has improved his singing A LOT. He has always been one of my favorite vocalists but I think this is his best effort yet. I just love how aggressive and how much impact his screams have while his singing sounds a lot more natural and emotional than on their previous records.

Andy and Jordan (guitarists) have always been a strong team and really showed off what they're accapable of. I feel like with this record they also experimented a bit more. There's a lot more downtuned riffs (drop A!) and there's even a song (Religion of Speed) that includes acoustic guitars, that's a first for ETID and works perfect. I also really dig the production on this record, the previous one (From Parts Unknown) not so much. The drums sound perfect in the mix and I love that the bass is audible. Guitar tones are always great. I believe they use Marshall JCM 800's and EVH 5150's. Good stuff.

This record has definitely a lot more personal lyrics and a lot darker than on their previous records. Keith always clever vocal lines and does not dissapoint on Low Teens. Everything just fits perfect with the songs and feels like a whole. Keith kills it, yet once again. There's only one thing I can complain about and that's I'm not a big fan of the guest vocals on Fear & Trembling. Which features Tim Singer of Deadguy. I've heard Keith do that song live and it just sounded so much better haha. Still an incredible song though.

This truly is a special, unique record and has so many influences. To me they are so much than a hardcore band. There's grunge, sludge, thrash all over the place and yet they still sound as ETID. They're one of a kind and not many bands can come close. I have seen them live a few months ago and the new songs just sounded flawless.

My favorite songs include: "Awful Lot," "I Didn't Want to Join Your Stupid Cult Anyway," "The Coin Has a Say," and "Petal."

I love that there is NO bad song on Low Teens, which is rare for albums these days. I can't come up with a lot of albums that I think are good from start to finish.

Definitely would buy it again if I'd lose it. I own the vinyl and still the CD!