Annihilation Of Civilization Review

8.1
 7.2
review (1) 5 comments vote for this album:
Annihilation Of Civilization Reviewed by: lilinbody12, on august 04, 2009

Sound: This album is packed full of great riffs and solos and that classic thrash your f--king head off sound. The best way to describe the sounds is like a mix of Anthrax, Exodus, and Megadeth. When I first saw this album cover I thought man I got to check this out this looks killer so I checked out a few songs and I loved it so I ended up buying the album. Let me just tell you these guys can shred like in songs like Parricide or Holy Trials the guitar work is just phenomenal. This album is mixed great so you can hear all the instruments clearly unlike a lot of bands first albums. The album artwork is also a nice touch and just adds to the sound and experience of the album its done by Edward J. Repka the man most famous for his work on Megadeth albums like Peace Sells and Rust In Peace. // 9

Lyrics: The albums lyrics are more based political issues and religion. The singer is pretty much just your generic thrash vocalist but his sound fits great with the rest of the band. Besides few of us really care about the lyrics or the singer when we are listening to thrash we just want to hear some good heavy head banging music. // 8

Overall Impression: The tracks that stood out the most to me where F.C.I. / The Awakening, Annihilation Of Civilization, Living Good, Holy Trials, Parricide... pretty much the whole album. So overall if you are big fan of thrash metal then look no further because you will not be disappointed with this album it is truly a underrated thrash master piece. If this where stolen or lost I would definitely buy it again. // 10

Comments