Five Serpent's Teeth review by Evile

• Released: Sep 26, 2011
Evile: Five Serpent's Teeth

In the past I have bought "Enter The Grave" and "Infected Nations" (two other very good albums) and I was so stoked when I heard news of a third album being released! This third album is an absolute masterpiece in terms of sound, it's a perfect balance of really thrashy tracks, head banger tracks and it even has a ballad! I really can not compare this sound to anything else that I've ever heard, it's just incredible.

Matt Drake's vocals on this album are excellent, he's kept the aggression in his voice from the first two albums and mixed in some melodic vocal patterns. The lyrics are great on each track (favorites so far are "In Dreams Of Terror", "Cult", "Five Serpent's Teeth", "In Memoriam") and fit the guitar riffs flawlessly.

What can I say? This is the most modern Thrash Metal album that I've bought so far and is by far the best. This doesn't just destroy every other modern-day album that I've heard, but it definitely belongs in my Best Albums Of All Time list! I have played this album over and over again... It just NEVER fails to impress. Ol Drake's guitar solos are just insane! Overall this is possibly the best album I've bought (so far!).

Shotgunmerc
    EpiExplorer wrote: I'm only just realising why everyone likes this band. Xaraya actually sounds like old school Metallica so so much, thats enough incentive to get the album.
    Having seen them live they also put on an amazing show. Ol Drake is the best lead guitarist in metal today, hands down.
    EpiExplorer
    Sp3rMSoldieR103
    DeathMagneticX
    This album is actually my favourite album of all time (I'm seriously thinking I prefer it to Master of Puppets). They have their own sound now I reckon, ETG was good but sounded very un original. I loved IN too. I thought that was a great album. Definately the best new thrash metal band I've heard \m/ I'm seeing them twice this month too! xD
    metallica144
    this album is amazing. also, i'm glad that the 2nd reviewer said that Matt Drake sings and plays the rhythm guitar. he definately deserves credit for that. i know that he's not the only one, but he plays some hard shit
    Shotgunmerc
    metallica144 wrote: oh and btw, the 2nd reviewer also compares the title track to Master of Puppets. if you ask me it sounds more like Blackened, especially the intro
    i wrote the 2nd review but wasn't registered at the time. yeah maybe it was just me but i felt like it sounded like MoP lol. also while I'm posting a comment, I would like to raise the lyrics/vocals score to 9.5 after relistening to Origin of Oblivion. Matt extends his range a bit on this song near the end. And again, it's blisteringly fast and he's singing over top of that. extraordinary.
    Shotgunmerc
    metallica144 wrote: Sp3rMSoldieR103 wrote: Why does everyone think that Evile sound like Metallica? They don't, they have their own sound. In Memoriam has bits that remind me of The Unforgiven and Fade to Black but that's it. Anyway, perfect album. 10/10 if the intro of Five Serpent's Teeth doesn't remind you of the intro of Blackened, then i must sadly conclude that you're deaf
    i can see how the "noise" intro portion sounds like blackened but IMO the riff that Ol plays after the noise stops sounds similiar to MoP
    SoulSyphon
    This album is pretty ****ing great, but 10/10 is a little too generous for my taste. Maybe 9.5. Xaraya bores me a bit. Probably the only reason it doesn't get a perfect score from me.