Breach False Minds Review

Exalt: Breach False Minds
Released: Mar 14, 2012
Genre: Hardcore, Metalcore
Label: Feast Or Famine Recordings
This band's sound is most easily compared to a more modern style of Converge, but with a more modern hardcore style vocalist, and I was more than pleased.
 7.7
 9.3
 6.1
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
Breach False Minds Reviewed by: synestershadows, on march 14, 2012

Sound: I first heard of this band when they did that split with Counterparts and was impressed with what I heard. The song "Misled" immediately caught my attention with its fast pace and in your face attitude, not even taking a second to take a breather. From that point on, I was hooked. It sounded like Converge, but with a more modern hardcore style vocalist, and I was more than pleased. While one might say the band has some Christian themes, overall, they are not a Christian band, nor are all the members religious. // 10

Lyrics: While most of the lyrics on this album are quite abstract, others are clearly about the struggles of life and how to cope with them. At times, I'm again reminded of Converge with how detailed the lyrics are, a characteristic that Jacob Bannon prides himself on and his famously known for. Now, I know this might sound like blasphemy, but I might actually like these style vocals over Bannon's high screeches. While they're not as unique, they make Exalt a whole lot easier to get into. // 9

Overall Impression: Like I've said said many times before in this review, this band's sound is most easily compared to a more modern style of Converge. The songs you absolutely need to listen to are "Misled", which was redone for "Breach False Minds", "Pray For Release", "Partisan Eyes", "Warmth And Winter", probably the best example of the band's Converge influence, and the closer "Rejoice/Loss". I can honestly say the only thing I hate about this album is the length. Weighing in at just under a half an hour, I feel myself left wanting more. It doesn't mean this song doesn't have replay value, which it most definitely does. I'm already going on my fourth listen through and I still find new and interesting things about "Breach False Minds". Bottom line, buy this album. You will not regret it. I pre-ordered the vinyl pressing a while ago, and am eagerly awaiting its arrival. // 9

Comments