Remember The Day Review

8.7
 8.2
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Remember The Day Reviewed by: Xx__benji__xX, on november 11, 2010

Sound: Remember The Day is Exit Ten's, a five piece band from Reading (Berkshire, UK) 2nd album. The album was recorded at Criterion Studios with Producer Mark Williams. The album was released on June 16th, 2008. The album opener, Technically Alive (Also the first single from the album), sets the tone perfectly for what's about to come. If your favourite kind of metal contains haunting vocals, soaring melodies, complex riffs with blistering drums backing it all up, then this album is definitely for you. The musicianship within this band is second to none, changing from complex time signitures to straight 4/4 chorus that could get stuck in head for days on end. Other songs on this album that are in my opinion a must hear are: 'Resume Ignore,' 'Remember The Day,' 'Perish In The Flames' and 'Out Of Sight'. One thing you will probably notice about this album is that the recording quality isn't particually brilliant, causing some parts to be slightly muffled and muddy. This however doesn't detract from the simple fact that this album shows that Exit Ten are probably THE underground metal band from the UK to listen to. // 7

Lyrics: Ryan Redmans vocal skills are second to none, and in my opinion, for this bands sound, he has the ideal voice. A lot of Ryan's lyrical theme's base themselves around Self evalution, empathy, relationships ending, and an overall feel of disappointment surrounding certain events in his life. One song that catches my attention is 'Fine Night'. The song is based on one trying to empathise with a friend who is depressed, causing them to self-harm. The chorus lyrics act as an uplifting change within the album. "I cant hold back tears in my eyes I see the red lines scars forever remind Youre not alone dont forget that..." Another line I think works extremely well is the breakdown in 'Remember The Day': "I'm breathing but not alive" There is no denying the Ryan's vocal delivery is absolutely incredible. His melodies can be both haunting, yet beautiful. He rely's heavily on his clean vocal voice, but does at times switch to screaming. // 10

Overall Impression: When I first heard this album, the only thing I wanted to do was replay every song at once, because to me, Exit Ten are probably the best underground metal band in the UK right now, along with 'Architects' and 'Devil Sold His Soul'. Exit Ten's ability to cleanly change from heavy, intricate rhythms to soaring, powerful chorus's is something that needs to be recognised. This album lays the platform for them to be the next big band to come out of the UK, especially if the production quality was better. My only real problem with this album is the fact that the production quality isn't brilliant, and that at times takes away from the songs. If it were lost, I would definitely get hold of another copy, and I suggest you do to! // 9

Comments